Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I go or am I being silly?

Bowel Cancer home test

Has anyone done a home screening? I’m not old enough for the NHS one yet because I’m only 35 but I’ve been thinking of ordering one.

I’ve had 1 instance of bleeding when I was pregnant but I had hemorrhoids

1 instance of bleeding 1 year after childbirth
    Which I THINK was a fissure or hemorrhoids because it was a large stool (TMI) and also agonizingly painful to pass.

Last few days I felt very sick and now started getting loose stools as well, I’m guessing a bug but the thing is all of it gathered together plus anxiety is a terrible mix for diagnosing yourself with bowel cancer, my aunt had it when she was about 65 and my grandad on the other side did but about the same age or older.

Worth doing a home test?

I have spoken to the doctor about the bleeding, she did a quick rectal exam and said she couldn’t feel anything, she didn’t explain what that meant and seemed vague!

Re: Bowel Cancer home test

No, not worth it. You're in danger of falling down the rabbit hole again.

Anxiety is exhausting, I never used to worry about cancer which I was so thankful for it was always slightly rarer and what I saw as terminal things like MS and HIV - but since I was pregnant cancer is the only thing I worry about and all the bloody time - and there’s so many of them and it’s so common so the worry is intensified !

I flip between bowel, breast and cervical cancer altho cervical cancer less so because I know I’m under a screening program so it’s kept an eye on unlike the other 2!

I don’t even want to consider or start thinking about other cancers !

What you mention here isn’t worth the worry you would put yourself through waiting for results. You’ve had very normal events and nothing that would warrant any concern at all.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you, I think the thought of bleeding just terrified me, never happened before and it a scary thing. I just want a few weeks of peace! No worry and stress and no symptoms of any kind! From the end of my MS worry to getting pregnant which was a few years - I had a really good run! Que stupid benign breast lump in pregnancy fibroadenoma... then I was off on cancer and I can’t stop, plus there seems to be people on the TV all the time ! And young people too ! Can’t even watch a bit of this morning or loose women without a story like ‘my pregnancy hid my terminal bowel cancer’ popping up to put the fear of god in me!

I know the feeling! I am obsessed with the thought i have terminal cancer and thats all i ever see on tv!

Here we go again! So now after my kind of tummy bug symptoms ... nauseous and tummy pains - now I have clay colored stools- very innocently I looked it up thinking there would be a simple answer.....

No - pancreatic cancer or something equally terrifying

Anyone ever had this?

flush and move on from this to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Im going through the same thing, I had a colonoscopy 5 years ago but now I'm worried again but I don't have blood I just have flat weird poop and a sore stomach ... I saw one of these tests in the chemist I thought it was a good idea actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Here we go again! So now after my kind of tummy bug symptoms ... nauseous and tummy pains - now I have clay colored stools- very innocently I looked it up thinking there would be a simple answer.....

No - pancreatic cancer or something equally terrifying

Anyone ever had this?
    Yes, mine are often light brown or yellow (we have yellow clay in New Zealand not grey) because I have a quick transit of food through my system and I'm vegetarian. After or while you have an infection or diarrhea the waste matter travels through the body very quickly bypassing some of the digestive process (and juices) that turn it brown. Tan coloured poop is perfectly normal for many people.

PS. the NZ government sends out free kits for over 50's every 2 years which is great. So unless you have bleeding you don't need to see your Dr, even then it's likely to be something easy to fix like hemorrhoids or a fissure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information