Thread: Ladies- Spotting mid cycle

Ladies- Spotting mid cycle

Been on BCP for 5 years. I will spot or breakthrough bleed if I miss a pill, but last three months I have not missed one pill at all. Each month, I have had breakthrough bleeding that leads up to my period. This month, I am 12 days out from period and have a blood tinged discharge. I think it's time to visit OBGYN but I'm freaking out that its something horrible and I pass right over the simple explanations of polyp, hormones, cyst, etc. I go straight to I will have an ultrasound and they will find either a cancer or something unknown/complex / strange and send me skyrocketing.
    History- 7 years ago- Spotting off pill, went to OB dx with an "incidental" dermoid cyst/ tumor on ovary, had it removed. B9. Dr said that is not why I was spotting.
    3 years ago- Spotting on pill, went to OB dx with Polyp, surgery to remove B9

So you see each time I've had an ultrasound SOMETHING was found. Thankfully all B9 but still UGH

Re: Ladies- Spotting mid cycle

So, what does your past medical history actually tell you - that there is more likely a benign reason for spotting! You should feel more at ease knowing this and having had your past experiences. As for mid-cycle spotting, hormones - yes, it can indicate a dip in oestrogen mid cycle.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've book an appointment for my GYN with appointment and in -office ultrasound scan Tuesday. I'm a flipping nervous wreck. So you see, I've never had it NOT be anything. Although its all been benign it was VERY Scary times in my life waiting for surgery and pathology. I am also scared they will do bloodwork which I have not had since last September. That blood work showed slight anemia and cause me to analyze the scale or normal and see if I was too low or too high normal in certain things. A panic attack ensued and ended me up in the ER. I'm just terrified to go through with all of this. It's ruining my summer with my kids. I want freedom from this anxiety so badly but it's always just another thing away. I am in CBT and on new meds this month (changed from Zoloft to Prozac) Please help me. I'm a nervous wreck and want to enjoy life. I woke up this morning shaking with fear before I even got my thoughts together in bed. This is not a life to live when you feel terrified all the time. I'm thinking I have ovarian cancer, which is usually discovered late stage. Or maybe I have a complex odd cyst that will be an unknown and cause me anxiety. Or maybe its nothing but my blood work will turn up wonky. Maybe all will go well. I will have peace for an hour or so until the next thing..... So low right now.. .

How did u get on hun having the same thing myself

Thread Information