Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: racing heart while in car-scared its a heart attack/stroke

Re: racing heart while in car-scared its a heart attack/stroke

I'm a parent myself. I've also suffered considerably with mental health in the past. Anxiety and depression. From your Mothers' perspective I can imagine that she feels a lot of guilt about how she treats you. Even though she can't help some of it, she will feel it. The possible NPD issue could also prevent her from revealing her guilt and/or shame. There is no question that she loves you. I can tell you for sure that a parent cannot stop loving a child!

But..

You still need to find your own path with this. Being independent is only scary at the start, but take it step by step. You can't wait for her to get help before you get help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerbanana View Post
    thank you <3
    unfortunately, ive tried to talk to my mother about my anxiety and depression-but she believes there's nothing wrong with me. she says that i "think i have depression" and keeps telling me that my life is blessed and ive had so many good things happen to me throughout
    I see so much of this. Parents not educated on mental health and dismissing their child's distress. Its sad :( My daughter suffers from anxiety and depression. She came to me at 18yo and told me what was going on. I, along with her mother made sure she got help. She still struggles from time to time but she's doing much better (she's 26).

Every state in the US has mental health help available. Why not poke around, pick up the phone and make a call?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

i know i must find my own path, ive got the tools, i just have to do it! <3 i cant wait for my mother anymore, i have to make my own plans!!
    thank you for all the support!! <3
    ive been feeling okay for the past few days, i still kinda feel a little weird but its only on occasion, im just trying to remember that its just anxiety and its nothing to worry about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information