Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried

Worried

Hi. Haven't posted here in a long time. Last week or so I have been getting a twitch in my left calf constantly and under my foot same leg this is continuing all day and night. Starting to slightly worry.... It's just my left leg which makes me worry even more so. Anybody ever get this and it went away

Re: Worried

From what I can tell, this is an extremely regular occurrence and nothing to stress about whatsoever.

I see it alot too with other posters. Just this is on my left leg and foot only. I also notice it alot more when I wear jeans or have my leg pressed against something I can feel it popping its almost like when my muscle is against something it twitches too but also twitches when just sitting and standing. Actually quite annoying. I suppose what I want to know is there anybody out there who had something similar? It's right behind my knee at the back and front in my shin and back of calf and bottom of foot.

I am prone to twitches but usually on my arms face or back... Usually they go away but these ones seem very unsettling... I don't even wanna mention what I'm thinking

More that 133 views and only one reply. I guess I'm the only twitcher here

Have you searched the forum at all? You'll find dozens of threads on similar topics.

I have read them yes. My concern is its just on my left leg calf and foot. Also noticed now its starting to cramp and be in constant twitch vibration mode. Lasting almost 3 weeks now and cramping sensation in calf. I have zero weekness but a little pain I guess from constantly been at the leg and testing it. Going to try a megnesium supplement see if it helps

MRI

Recently went to my gp about ongoing twitching in my left calf left thigh and left foot 3 weeks now. She done some strength tests etc and then ordered an MRI of my spine as she suspects nerve damage from my back is the culprit and causing the twitching didn't even think this was at all possible? Anyways I asked her about the dreaded muscle wasting disease and all she said was let's not worry about the wierd and wonderful for now. I'm still so worried. She also ordered some blood tests so waiting on the to come back. Anybody have similar and shoukd I be reassured ugh

Re: MRI

Quote Originally Posted by missykat View Post
    she suspects nerve damage from my back is the culprit and causing the twitching didn't even think this was at all possible?
    She’s the doctor here, she’s been to medical school so clearly it’s possible or she wouldn’t of brought it up.

To further that, nerves, particularly those in the back and spine carry messages to and from the brain about movement. It’s almost certain if something happens to these they could cause uncontrolled movement such as twitching. They are damaged and miss firing.

Results

Hi all. Got my recent MRI results back of my lower spine. Had twitching for weeks in my left calf and left foot along with other sensory symptoms burning and tingling and occasional cramps. Gp suspected herniated disc pressing on a nerve causing these symptoms. Anyways turns out I have disc degeneration. She then just said go to physiotherapy and mri revealed no nerve issues so how does it explain the twitching or maybe degeneration can cause that too she just didn't seem that bothered maybe I shouldnt be either. Anybody have same tho really appreciate replys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information