Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried

Re: MRI

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Can't cope

I have been twitching the last 7 weeks in my left leg and left thigh left foot. Had an mri showed degeneration and bulging discs. My doctor has told me this isn't causing my twitching leg even tho I get pain down that leg and numbness. She has since referred me to an neurologist to find out why I'm twitching I asked her if it could be als and she says I don't know. At this stage I'm sick with worry so sick. I have no weakness. Anybody? Have anything similar. I wish I could just stop the worry

Re: Can't cope

I had a herniated disc just over a decade ago and it directly caused all sorts of leg tingling/twitching issues, as well as numbness on one side.

Mine are just bulging not herniated she says no nerve roots issues. I experience numbness and pain and lots of foot and calf twitching. Can a bulging disc cause sciatica i wonder. In just in a huge mess right now thinking the worst

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I had a herniated disc just over a decade ago and it directly caused all sorts of leg tingling/twitching issues, as well as numbness on one side.
    One side you mean including your arm?

Quote Originally Posted by missykat View Post
    Mine are just bulging not herniated she says no nerve roots issues. I experience numbness and pain and lots of foot and calf twitching. Can a bulging disc cause sciatica i wonder. In just in a huge mess right now thinking the worst
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    One side you mean including your arm?
    The disc didn't cause my arm to go numb....but....it caused all sorts of trapped nerve issues further up my back which indirectly did cause loss of feeling/strength on one side. It was significant enough for the GP to send me for physiotherapy.

I can't see how a bulging disc CAN'T cause some nerve interference as everything is packed together along the spine.

Somebody please reassure me

I have been twitching everyday on my left calf muscle and left foot for the past 9 weeks. Everyday. Its so stressful. I have been to the doctors and I have bulging discs in my lower back and degenerative changes. I'm waiting on a neruo appointment. Last 9 weeks I have been a worried mess thinking it's slow onset of ALS... I'm 33 so not young. Have kids and just a nervous wreck and losing weight with the stress of it all. Has anybody have anything similar

Re: Somebody please reassure me

Hi Missy Kat I am in the exact same position as you but I’m now on 7 months of it! I’m 29 and female

I know how horrible it is it really consumes you to be honest I slowly was getting better and coping with life and i did notice the twitches disappeared - I am my own worst enemy as I recently read an article and my worries returned funnily enough so did the twitching

If you ever need to talk I’m always here I know how lonely it can feel I’m still suffering hoping I can get over it soon

Oh also for what it’s worth I’ve spoke to many neurologists who assure that twitching without clinical weakness really is nothing- it can be all sorts thyroid problems - vitamin deficiency and most of all anxiety!

A lot of people die from ALS within three years, so if you’ve had twitches for months and no other symptoms, it’s pretty safe to assume it’s not ALS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information