Thread: Am I right to just accept it?

Am I right to just accept it?

So..after weeks and weeks of loose bms*, the odd constipated bm* but mostly d*, I have ALMOST turned my anxious mind off. Im fed up. I took 3 doses of flucloaxillin on May 3rd-May 6th, only one little dose per day as I KNEW itd offend my stomach. Almost within 12 hours I had a bad reaction so I stopped. Since the 7th, I've had mostly d* but then with intervals of solid bms* and a VERY good week from last thursday til this morning - I went everyday and it was still a bit loose but smelt normal (tmi!) and at one point I had my usual constipated bm*. I relaxed, became happy and alive again but this morning i had terrible cramps and the same d* returned :(. I was a bit foolish and ate lots of garlic and peri peri last night and had some orange juice - but, over the past week Ive managed mostly anything and everything. Doc told me today that it cant be c-diff as I took three tiny doses, but did book me in to rule out anything worse than IBS. Im having to remind myself that I barely got d* before the meds unless I had super strong coffee but my other mind is saying "you took a tiny dose, you shouldnt be unwell".
    As for probios, I kept off them as Im scared itll mess with me more. Did anyone suffer this long after antis?

Re: Am I right to just accept it?

I am assuming you mean flucloxacillin and not fluoxetine?

You can't just stop the antibiotics..... they are known to give diarrhea, it is a very very common side effect.. and to be honest one which you have to suffer to get rid of any infection which you are given the anti b's for...... lets face it the knowledge that you could get a serious infection if you don't continue the Anti b's is worth the diarrhea side effects (well to me anyway)

as to the continuing diarrhea well that could be your IBS, the food you are eating etc etc.

But if your dr thinks you need the anti b's then you are going to have to put up with the side effects I'm afraid.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

^^^^^^^

When I had antibiotics in September for an injury they gave me diarrhoea

I couldnt bare it, the pain was throughout the night, I am a musician with gigs and it kept happening sporadically. Even the doctor suggested I stop then gave me some antibiotic cream which shifted the infection on my nail. I just dont understand the continuous mess, I do get cramps every now and then with strong coffee but this time its literally anything depending on the day. Only going once a day now and no urges to keep going but its so loose still. ugh

light headed due to lack of food?

Ive posted soooo much on here since the beginning of May cos my entire digestive system was out of whack for WEEKS due to a tiny but mighty dose of antibiotics. I now have been given the pleasure of constipation as I cut out all acidic foods and drinks and basically became a bland eater. Amazingly though, for the past 2 weeks I am only going once a day (until about 4 days ago when I got severly constipated to the point where Ive been in bloating pains) and able to eat normally again (by normal I mean 3 times a day). However, I weighed myself and found that I lost TEN pounds within 5 weeks due to the hell of what would seemingly be IBS and I immediately went for a blood test to check if my iron is falling. I have been back onto both vegetables, carbs and a ton of water but also my favourite little snacks like cadbury chocolate and potato chips. So far so good but on the odd day like today, I feel badly lightheaded and very drowsily dizzy. It suddenly hit me earlier when I was already sat with a friend and it scared me.... I'm still terribly anxious due to the games my stomachs been playing so Ive been waking up randomly in the night with horrible thoughts..could this be the lightheadedness? should mention that I'm 5foot8 and weigh 105 pounds (7.5stone for the stone people)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information