Thread: Would I know for sure if I stepped on a needle?

Would I know for sure if I stepped on a needle?

I've been really struggling lately with my OCD and HA lately. The past week and a half have been hell and today is my second day on 50mg of Zoloft (gonna go up to 100mg in a week). I went out to eat with my folks yesterday evening and was in a rougher part of town. On our way out of the restaurant into the parking lot my left heel "shifted" in a way (I don't know how to describe it, maybe a mistep moving the muscle a little bit) and I instantly freaked out thinking I had stepped on a needle.

I checked behind me to see if I saw anything, and I didn't. (My mom is aware of my OCD and checked also and said "there's nothing there.") and I checked the bottom of my shoes and didn't find any evidence of a needle there. I checked also when I got home the soles of my feet which looked just fine and rubbed some alcohol over them to be sure and nothing stung.

But this morning at about four am I couldn't sleep and found that there was pain on pressure in my Left heel in a concentrated point! I again went to look at my foot and there is no evidence of a bruise or anything but I still am freaking out over it. :(

I'm deathly afraid of blood-bourne diseases and the idea of possibly contracting something and not knowing that I have it and giving it to my boyfriend is unbearable.

Re: Would I know for sure if I stepped on a needle?

If something punctures the thick skin on the sole of your foot, you'll know. The pain is truly horrendous.

Just wanted to say, my first week on sertraline ( Zoloft) my ocd was 10x magnified, I actually thought I was going to be sectioned.
    Read my thread sertraline diary if you want some hope. But trust me when I say do not believe anything your brain tells you for at least two weeks. Mine told me I’d had sex with other people and forgot, that i was a child molesterer and everything.
    4 weeks on and I now look at those thoughts and think wow what a crazy ride.
    I would say practice mindfulness constantly for the next two weeks but I remember being in your shoes 4 weeks ago and that wouldn’t have even touched the sides. But what did help was some Valium/diazepam 3 times a day for the first week and then slowly reducing.
    You will get through this. I won’t offer reassurance on the needle as we both know it will only feed it.
    But what I will say is keep your chin up it gets better I promise. I’m proof

As difficult as it is, resist the urge to seek reassurance. This obsession will pass.

Thread Information