Thread: Bowel obstruction ?

Bowel obstruction ?

Hi all,

I am currently on holiday abroad but unable to sleep and spending hours on google ( I know this isn’t helping )

Past few weeks I have been having issues with constipation . As background I do have a case of endometriosis around my bowels ( which was investigated a year or two ago ) but has not affected besides for pain during period.

Nevertheless the last few nights after eating I have pretty bad bloating , pain and stomach cramps, which get better by the morning . Now I am convinced I have a bowel torsion or obstruction and I am starting to consider whether to go to the hospital . I am able to pass gas but pretty much not passing anything else . I do apologize for TMI.

I know this might be my health anxiety kicking in but I do feel very uncomfortable and wonder if I am exaggerating .

Re: Bowel obstruction ?

Constipation can just be one of those things that happens, especially with stress.

How long has it actually been since you’ve been to the toilet?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I've always found that traveling tends to stop me up moreso than usual. I think the mind shuts down the urge to go sometimes. In general, if this is becoming an "irregular" thing, you can always add a dose of Miralax to your daily diet plan. Worst case, a shot of Milk of Magnesia will clear the pipes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for your replies . I go every few days but not a long and I feel very bloated especially in the evenings and at night with pain in my abdomen . I do know I have endometriosis lesions on my liver diaphragm and around my vowels but it seemed like the lesions were controlled these past few years .

I am just scared these symptoms are a sign there might be a blockage , which I read can be life threatenint

I was told by my GP that bowel obstructions cause overflow diarrhoea, which is very watery diarrhoea bursting through any small gaps inbetween/around whatever the obstruction is. So I assume you would have that if you had have an obstruction, alongside VERY BAD pain that is "rush to A&E" "emergency operation" worthy.

But anxiety, even very subtle health anxiety, can cause constipation and all of those symptoms, because the mind and gut are both very closely linked. Whenever I worry about having bowel cancer, I have bad constipation that can last 2-3 days, but then when I stop worrying, I become regular again.

I assume you're young, so your chances of bowel cancer are literally like 1/10,000. Try to relax, get off here and Google and enjoy your holiday.

Thanks Toby and for taking the time to reply . It does make sense and you are right should there be an obstruction chances are I would be in extreme pain . At the moment the pain is moderate but my abdomen is very distended .

My issue is that my condition ( endometriosis ) makes my colon stuck to other organs ( liver /abdominal wall) and I am scared that this is the cause and will lead to blockage or perforation . It does happen as I have read many similar cases . My endometriosis was also the cause of my appendicitis 6 years ago .

Thread Information