Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colleagues hate having office windows open. (And I hate breathing in old air.) Help!

Re: Colleagues hate having office windows open. (And I hate breathing in old air.) He

Fishmanpa - If you're only here to make yourself feel superior, I suggest you try something else than a mental health forum. I remember you from a few years ago when you were making people feel guilty for worrying that they had cancer.

People here are vulnerable and a judgemental reply can make someone feel terrible. Try having empathy; not moral superiority. Or try getting a different hobby.

Re: Colleagues hate having office windows open. (And I hate breathing in old air.) He

I don't see how backing up Blue Iris' recommendation to seek further therapy as judgmental. However, people read into things their own way. You're entitled to your opinion as am I. Have a great day and I hope you find resolution with your concerns.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Do you have air conditioning? If so opening windows normally affects it and they may have a policy against opening them.

Whilst there is an element of majority rule in these situations there is also adherence to H&S policy and managers can choose to ignore the majority if they want to help someone who is struggling. They will get complaints but that's just part of being a manager and telling people they know where the door is if they won't cooperate.

Whilst what you have raised is commonly discussed, especially in winter months, in open plan workspaces the emphasis on it won't be the same as you seem to be indicating. From school we had to sit next to people with colds and so we will do in work later. We do on the bus/train, waiting in a queue or just doing our shopping.

The person you mentioned eating next to Typhoid Mary might have washed their hands first or used some antibacterial spray/hand cream.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information