Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
Just got in from work. Was so scared to drive home. I’m on high alert and hated driving along the road that it happened on yesterday. I keep checking to make sure I recognise everything and waiting for it to happen again. This, I know probably makes it more likely.
Being hyperaware about it will definitely make it more likely to happen! And the higher your anxiety gets the more likely it will happen again. I just had a week of very high anxiety after a year of having everything under control. I had to drive to some doctors appointments I was nervous about in an area I'm in constantly, in a place I've lived on and off for almost 20 years. Twice in the same week I got completely disoriented during my drive home. My brain placed me on a different street than I was and I made a wrong turn and ended up going around in a circle instead of simply going straight to get where I needed to go. It took me a few seconds to snap out of my confusion and realized where I was. This is 100% because my mind was preoccupied by anxiety.