Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So scared. Brain tumour, dementia fears

Re: So scared. Brain tumour, dementia fears

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    Just got in from work. Was so scared to drive home. I’m on high alert and hated driving along the road that it happened on yesterday. I keep checking to make sure I recognise everything and waiting for it to happen again. This, I know probably makes it more likely.
    Being hyperaware about it will definitely make it more likely to happen! And the higher your anxiety gets the more likely it will happen again. I just had a week of very high anxiety after a year of having everything under control. I had to drive to some doctors appointments I was nervous about in an area I'm in constantly, in a place I've lived on and off for almost 20 years. Twice in the same week I got completely disoriented during my drive home. My brain placed me on a different street than I was and I made a wrong turn and ended up going around in a circle instead of simply going straight to get where I needed to go. It took me a few seconds to snap out of my confusion and realized where I was. This is 100% because my mind was preoccupied by anxiety.

I have just seen this thread and had to chime in: this type of brain fart has happened to me MANY times. Often when driving: the road suddenly looks totally unfamiliar. Of course ive drawn the same conclusions as you (I do suffer from HA after all).... but I guess it’s just normal combined with hyper awareness

6 pages and 26 replies all saying the same thing. Add to that a medical professional affirming what we all know. I don't know what else can be said Your anxiety can scream in your ear all it wants but it doesn't change the facts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you all so, so much for your support, I can't tell you how much you are helping, even if is feels like I am not listening. I admit I am not taking it all on board, but I think that's anxiety for you. I suppose if it was easy to believe I wouldn't have the anxiety!

I am very anxious still. Waking early, crying, shaky, no appetite - all the usual signs of anxiety for me. I drove to work this morning worrying and feeling particularly anxious when I got to the road it happened on. All those of you who have had this, did you genuinely look around you and for a moment not recognise which road you were on and then panic?

I'm sorry, but I don't think we should be discussing this any more. Seeking reassurance like this is an unhelpful behaviour as you need to learn to reassure yourself.

Yes I agree Blue. Sorry, I'm just in that awful place and in the grips.

No need to apologise, we've all been there.

Read back over the thread OP, that should help. And remember what the doctor said. There’s nothing wrong with your brain - except the crippling anxiety x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Read back over the thread OP, that should help. And remember what the doctor said. There’s nothing wrong with your brain - except the crippling anxiety x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scass

Thank you. I’ve read through the posts a few times today and will continue to. The anxiety really is crippling right now. I’ve been in meetings this morning and doing lesson observations and it’s been so hard to remain composed. Still can’t eat, which just adds to the anxiety and of course creates more symptoms. However I can handle all that, it’s the fear of what happened that is most prominent in my mind.

I’m trying to let it go, move on and believe. X

Ahhh, you're in education, too? I swear the pressures of the sector are absolute catnip for anxiety disorders.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information