Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So scared. Brain tumour, dementia fears

Re: So scared. Brain tumour, dementia fears

Really Mouse? - have you had it where you feel like you don't recognise where you are for a moment?

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    Really Mouse? - have you had it where you feel like you don't recognise where you are for a moment?
    Of course, like blue said, it’s a common thing that you don’t find reported because it’s harmless and people just shake their heads and get on with it, just part of being human!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you both.

I really feel like I'm hanging by a thread here. I have always had a deep fear of a BT and after having the MRI scan just over a year ago, I really thought I'd put it behind me. But all I can think is that the scan was a long time ago now. I think I also freak out because I had a cousin who had BT. One of his symptoms was when he got lost driving his car and had to call for help.

The sensation I felt when I looked around and couldn't work out where I was has really knocked me.

Its a brain fart, not a brain tumor. Its distracted not dementia. Happens to everyone.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks Fish - but do you not think the aspect of not recognising where I am for a moment is significant? I get the whole walking into rooms and forgetting, arriving at your destination without remembering the journey but this is very scary when it happens. When I google it shows real life stories of people who have got lost driving etc and who had one of these serious health issues. I also mentioned it to a friend who said it was odd and that she hadn't experienced it before.

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    Thanks Fish - but do you not think the aspect of not recognising where I am for a moment is significant?
    Not even in the least. Many years ago I had a similar thing happen. I was under a lot of stress due to a relationship and one day, while driving to her house, I sort of woke up, still driving and had no idea where I was. Turns out I missed the exit and was 20 minutes North of where I wanted to be. It scared the bejeebers out of me! I found the reason that can and does happen is due to stress. So the question is, how did it happen? Well, the brain is pretty incredible. While one half of my brain was in its own little world thinking about the relationship etc., the other half was driving the car, checking the mirrors and speed etc. My brain was doing what it needed to do. Same thing happened to you IMO. Do you think you'd remember it even happening if it were something like dementia or a brain tumor?

My mother suffered from dementia the last years of her life. To give you an example... We would talk and she'd ask how we were... She'd say, "So how are you? How's the kitty?" I'd reply "We're good. How are you doing?" She'd reply "Ehhh... I don't like it here" (she was in assisted living) "So how are you? How's the kitty?" and so on.... So no... Brain fart 100%

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Thank you for your help Fish, it's always well received. Thing is, with your experience I can see how you would struggle to know where you were as you were 20 minutes North in a place that's not familiar to you. My problem is that I felt confused as to where I was despite being on a road I drive along everyday to work.

These constant yes, buts are an absolutely textbook characteristic of health anxiety way out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    These constant yes, buts are an absolutely textbook characteristic of health anxiety way out of control.
    Yep.... :(

BUT still....

Positive thoughts

But how do I accept it is anxiety for a symptom that seems to be quite bad. How do I determine the difference between what I experienced and stories of people who seem to have had something similar, but it was a real illness. I keep thinking people are interpreting what I am saying as different to what I mean. I really really did feel like i didn't recognise where I was.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information