Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So scared. Brain tumour, dementia fears

Re: So scared. Brain tumour, dementia fears

And we're trying to tell you that this happens to everybody from time to time. I'm sorry, because it was clearly very distressing for you, but the fact you think it's a big deal is a sign of your disordered thinking and the fact you need help to get past it.

A lot of us here have been there and have been absolutely convinced we have some or other horrible, life-ruining disease. Out of control anxiety can cause you to believe things that are patently untrue, though, and the healing process can only begin once you're willing to acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    But how do I accept it is anxiety for a symptom that seems to be quite bad.
    You either do or you don't. You can accept that this happens to millions of people and they shrug it off or consciously decide to pursue some rare case you read about on Google. You can also pursue real life help to give you the tools to be able to rationalize when your dragon is trying to drag you down the rabbit hole. There's always the FREE CBT too.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    And we're trying to tell you that this happens to everybody from time to time. I'm sorry, because it was clearly very distressing for you, but the fact you think it's a big deal is a sign of your disordered thinking and the fact you need help to get past it.
    Great minds.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Out of control anxiety can cause you to believe things that are patently untrue
    Does that mean that Trump supporters are out of control anxiety sufferers?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Does that mean that Trump supporters are out of control anxiety sufferers?
    Or raging dicks.

Definitely one of the two, and speaking as a frequent sufferer of out of control anxiety I have to say there isn't always that much difference.

Thank you both. I really do appreciate your wise words. I am at that point where I feel this is something serious but also know that when in this place it is hard to rationalise my thinking at all.

Seriously, go have a chat with your GP, let them set your mind at ease about this and then investigate the possibility of help with your anxiety.

I already mentioned it to her when I had it last time. I am having CBT and am also on 50mg Sertraline. (Have been for years) I feel like it's not working, therefore it feels like more evidence that I have something wrong.
    I walk all the time, work hard in my job, try to be distracted, basically do the things needed to help, then I get something like I experienced today and it throws me completely.

My doc suggested increasing my dose, but this was when I was worried about something else. We have also talked about HRT too.

It's a blip, then. Those can really throw you off your stride. We all get them, though, and we can all come back from them.

Thank you again Blue.

Looking back I have experienced these before, as way back as 2011. However, I now seem to have gone from one every few years to 4 in 9 months. I have been fine in-between but of course I am thinking that it is something that starts off slowly. I have read that people with dementia can . have a symptom, then nothing, then it becomes more frequent.

Sorry, I know I am going on, but I really am scared and cannot stop crying. I keep going over and over what happened this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    I am having CBT and am also on 50mg Sertraline. (Have been for years)
    Meds can crap out on you (happened to my daughter several times) or you may just need a dosage change. You're just having a blip. Speak with your doc and therapist and you'll get it sorted.

positive thoughts

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information