Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nervous about kidney function.. how often i use the bathroom

Nervous about kidney function.. how often i use the bathroom

So, i really have been doing better with my anxiety, but there are still undertones of worry that i can't shake.

I recnetly posted about abdominal pain, and worry it was something serious. While it comes and goes, my mind put it together with something else, renewing the worry. I wake up every day at 4:445, and immediately use the restroom. Go and take my morning thyroid pill (with a glass of water), and get dressed and head off to work. One there (6-6:30), i have my breakfast and an energy drink (16oz), after which i fill my 32oz cup and have that during the morning. All of that said, because it worries me that I don't have to use the restroom again until around 8-8:30, which seems like too long of a time (even then it usually isn't a strong urge to go). And yes, when i go, it feels like it is a bit too yellow. Throughout the day, it does get better, and if i drink enough, may wind up completely clear.

In the end, i am worried that the long morning time is a sign of something sinister. I feel like i see my other coworkers going earlier than me, and it feels wrong that i don't have a strong urge that first time (i swear, other people sound like they are going after bottling it up all night, its crazy). My logic says that after a long sleep (especially if i didn't drink as much in the prior evening), of course my body will take time to get going. I am just worried i have really damaged and/or destroyed my kidneys, and the worst is yet to come...

Re: Nervous about kidney function.. how often i use the bathroom

I think you're over-analysing something that requires no analysis. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I think you're over-analysing something that requires no analysis. At all.
    I guess it just feels wrong (combined with my long ongoing back pain) to be waiting 3 hours to go. I thought i was drinking enough too, which makes it more worrying...

3 hours is no time, it's the amount of time you're meant to leave it between going.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I guess it just feels wrong (combined with my long ongoing back pain) to be waiting 3 hours to go. I thought i was drinking enough too, which makes it more worrying...
    Lots of things feel wrong with anxiety that aren't actually wrong. They tend to feel more wrong the more you analyse them too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    3 hours is no time, it's the amount of time you're meant to leave it between going.
    But when i go, it isn't a huge amount. I know its hard to judge, but other people going sounds like a dam burst or something...

Lots of things feel wrong with anxiety that aren't actually wrong. They tend to feel more wrong the more you analyse them too.
    I know.. i probably wouldn't be worried if it wasn't for the back pain. It is more focused on the lower back, but travels up sometimes; given that i can have some lower ab pain as well, it triggers a worry that it is really sinister.

So, this morning was just about 4 hours after waking up (4:50ish to 8:30) before i went, and even then, it wasn't a huge amount. The color wasn't off, there just wasn't a ton for 4 hours. It is so damn hard not to worry and over think this; i am sure people go way more often than this normally..

Dude, you're WAY overthinking this and the anxiety your experiencing over it is causing tense muscles which could yield less output and frequency.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You are absolutely overthinking this! Everyone is different in this respect. I hardly ever have to pee, no matter how much I drink. We joke about the huge bladders my family has. I rarely ever get up in the night to pee and if I do get up I don't have to go again until well into the day. I'm a stay at home mom now, so I pay way less attention to when I'm going to the bathroom, but when I was working full time I'd MAYBE go once a day and perhaps once before I left work just to be safe since I had a long train ride. Even when I was pregnant I hardly ever had to go. Everyone's body is different!

I agree with this, I can go the whole time I’m at work without going for a wee lol and I have had a kidney operation when I was 11 and I drink lots - I get back pain ... yet I put my back pain down to something awful like bowel cancer .... GO FIGURE! 🤦🏻*♀️

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information