Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nervous about kidney function.. how often i use the bathroom

Re: Nervous about kidney function.. how often i use the bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I agree with this, I can go the whole time I’m at work without going for a wee lol and I have had a kidney operation when I was 11 and I drink lots - I get back pain ... yet I put my back pain down to something awful like bowel cancer .... GO FIGURE! 臘*♀️
    Funny, having already been scoped, i know bowel cancer is safe, but i do worry about bladder cancer (because of the pain). I watch for blood (even though i have had at least a few urine dips recently, and none came back positive for blood (actually, they came back negative for everything other than ketones, but those make sense for me given my diet).

For today, my body didn't wait as long, and it actually felt more normal today. That doesn't remove the worry, and i cant stop the nagging that my back pain is actually severe kidney and/or bladder problems. Sigh.

Blah... last night really sucked. Got some level of food poisoning and puked three times last night. How does it apply? Well, I am fairly sure it got me more dehydrated, as I am going more yellow than I would like. Og course, I remember being told that with my BP meds, getting dehydration is rough on my kidneys, which kicks off an extra round of worrying.. sigh .

The human body is far more resilient than you think it is.

The human mind, often less so.

You are quite right, and aside from the back pain (while central on my lower spine, will change and fluctuate throughout the day), I have no other VALID reason to suspect an actual kidney issue (while it's been a few months, no blood work ever raised an issue). But good old Google. Look up anything about back pain, and for sure it's either cancer or kidney problems..

Well stop using bloody Google then. Health Anxiety 101 - Don't use Google.

So, i hate that this worry is sticking with me, but i really can't shake it. This morning i woke up at 4:45 like always, and immediately went. It was only by around 8:20 that i felt any kind of urge to go.. my anxiety screams that this is critically wrong, and it should not take me that long to go again.

Rationally, i can try to reassure myself, since after i take my first pill in the morning, i dont drink anything again until at least 6:00-6:20 (the time it takes me to get to work); of course if i am not drinking alot i won't be going alot. But we all know how the anxiety goes.. it doesn't think logically. It says i should be going earlier, regardless of that. And given my ongoing back pain (lower), it says it must be kidney disease/failure..

One day, i dream of being happy and not having to over think every single thing that comes up. But ill be damned if i am not there yet. Right now, i am just so afraid of dying, and leaving my daughter behind.. its hard to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    So, i hate that this worry is sticking with me, but i really can't shake it. This morning i woke up at 4:45 like always, and immediately went. It was only by around 8:20 that i felt any kind of urge to go.. my anxiety screams that this is critically wrong, and it should not take me that long to go again.

Rationally, i can try to reassure myself, since after i take my first pill in the morning, i dont drink anything again until at least 6:00-6:20 (the time it takes me to get to work); of course if i am not drinking alot i won't be going alot. But we all know how the anxiety goes.. it doesn't think logically. It says i should be going earlier, regardless of that. And given my ongoing back pain (lower), it says it must be kidney disease/failure..

One day, i dream of being happy and not having to over think every single thing that comes up. But ill be damned if i am not there yet. Right now, i am just so afraid of dying, and leaving my daughter behind.. its hard to function.
    I woke up at 7am this morning and didn’t go to the bathroom until gone 12, I’ve been only once more since then at roughly 2ish and it’s now 7:30PM I’ve drank probably most of a litre so far today, the body has its own rhythm. So I’ve gone to the toilet twice since waking at 7AM, I know my kidneys are absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

holy cow.. that is crazy (or it feels so.. heh). You are right about rhythm, as my body follows a pretty common schedule. I just wish i could get by the worrys, but i appreciate the sanity check.

For what it's worth, I always go to the bathroom a bunch of times in the morning and I have to remind myself it's just nerves and I'm perfectly capable of going 8 hours if I'm out and feeling too awkward to ask where the bathroom is

Anxiety is a nasty, spiteful disease.

"Anxiety is a nasty, spiteful disease."

Yes it is, and it is easily fed by pain. I think it would be way easier to not let the anxiety get the best of me, if i dint have the back pain. Even worse, the pain, aside from being smack dab in the center, it likes to move and go to one side or the other at times. Logically, i try to think that its just pain from the general problems, and my posture causing other muscle pains, but.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information