So... Panic time again... well, not quite.

You know how sometimes you don't notice things that are right under your nose the whole time? Well, I've had a slightly raised red spot on my hairline for a long time. But since I had this before I became a hypochondriac, it never occurred to me that it was an issue until a couple of days ago when someone pointed it out to me.

It suddenly clicked and I immediately scoured through my archives of selfies and managed to my horror, it had been there for at least 4 years!

Yes, I did Google. Yes, my mind went straight to that C-word. But the one saving grace is from what I understand, BCCs are one of the safest and most benign of C-words. Of course, I don't even know if it is that yet. The frustrating thing is that BBCs look like every other skin lesion out there. Sigh... I get so paranoid whenever I notice a new skin mark...

I have a dermatologist appointment in a month. A month of agonizing waiting. But I keep reminding myself that I've already waited 4 years. Looking at the pictures, it doesn't seem to have changed that much. One month is not going to do much difference.

I guess my panic this time is not so much the anxiety... It's more to do with my fear of having waited too long to get something checked out, or not having done something when I had the chance to. And anything to do with the skin just makes me even more nervous because it's so observable, you know?

Thanks for the support in advance. Just writing and posting on this board has helped calm me down...