Hi all,

I am a recent college graduate from California, I am traveling abroad for an internship with my friend who also is graduating. I am so excited to go and have been since we found out a 2 months ago, we leave the beginning of July and it is really cool amazing opportunity that we are getting. The internship is shark conservation!

The internship it self involves diving with sharks and being very up-close to them. I am not even worried about that part.;

but just this morning it kind of hit me. I leave in less then a month to go from California to South Africa. And then from South Africa to Ireland and then back to California.

It is 3 weeks of being away from home. The longest time I will have ever been away from home with out any family. The furthest I have ever traveled. The first time I left the country was 3 months ago and we went to Spain. I loved it but I am freaking out now. I am just so nervous. The travel is 35 hours to get there and I am so excited but so nervous.

Some of m anxiety is just irrational, like what if people forget me once I leave?? What if something goes wrong and no one cares? What if there is an issue with the travel? What if i get there and I am no good at the job?

I just am having a hard time coping now with all this change... (also I am graduating this weekend from college, searching for a job, and will be looking for somewhere to live and have never been out of my families house before) it just feels like a lot. I am both excited and so afraid.

Thanks for just letting me talk, even if no one responds. Writing this out really helped.