Thread: Help Me Please!

Help Me Please!

I'm a 28 year old male. Last year i went to see my GP because i lost a lot of weight and felt tired ( i was 120kg and dropped to a 100 in one month).I also have developed a dull gnawing right side chest pain (low grade/discomfort) that sometimes radiates to my shoulder and i also have hoarseness. They ran a battery of blood tests and attributed my weight issue to H Pylori and pain/hoarse voice to irrittation from GERD. In the past year, i went to see my doctor a few times because i was feeling unwell. Some times i have excruciating pinky finger pain and my arm feels heavy,sometimes one of my legs goes completely numb. I have small balance problems occasionally. But one thing that i see getting worse for sure is fatigue. I'm always feeling down and unwell and always sitting or laying down, which is unsual since i was a very active individual prior to this. In the past year i have done a bunch of bloodtests, a abdominal ultrasound, a abdominal CT and a chest xray (which apparently can miss tumors). I got prescribed a new PPI and some ativan to relax and sent home. I gave up smoking this year, but was a heavy smoker since my early teens and worked around hazardous material. I fear lung cancer. At this point i don't know what to do, my mental state is shifting, im always sad, mad, confused, and feel desperate. Would all these tests miss cancer? If not, what could be the culprit? Does this sound like lung cancer?

Please help me to calm down, my family doesn't know what I'm going through and it's heavy burden to carry...

Re: Help Me Please!

Sounds like you’ve been going through a very tough time, but it also looks like you’ve had some good thorough medical care. I would say that you have what you’ve been diagnosed with, as well as anxiety.

I’ve had gastritis and it can really affect you mentally as well as physically. I lost about 2 stone because of it.

You don’t really talk about your anxiety, but you are posting on an anxiety forum, so how are you managing it and are you receiving any help and support?

Thread Information