Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Breast diagnosis

Re: Breast diagnosis

Hi Kestral, sorry I missed this earlier. I'm afraid that without the mammo /ultrasound being done its hard to even guess what could be causing the pain - it could be any number of minor issues but if course as you know there is always the faint possibility it could be a small local recurrence. There are often all sorts of pains and 'glitches' that can happen after surgery and radiotherapy that are benign, but of course they are going to be so ultra cautious with your wife as she is not that far away from her primary diagnosis. I hope you get your mammo appointment through really soon, it should definitely be within the next 14 days and one would hope sooner in the circumstances. Do let me know how you get on - and I'm sorry to hear that you are both facing another anxious wait !

Hi carys, she has been in and had her mammogram and 2 ultrasounds today. They believe it to be bad scar tissue but did a biopsy to make certain. If we don't get anything back from that she goes back in 6 months for her regular check.

Well, thats really good news to hear. I know that personally I have a very large area of painful scar tissue and I'm 4 years along on this process. I still have fluid retention in one breast, which I don't think will ever go now and there are certainly areas that hurt when I go certain exercises or tweak certain nerves. Thats going to happen from an invasive change to a sensitive area. I have my fingers very firmly crossed that they find no abnormal cells at all in the scarred area.

In 3 months time you and your wife will be a whole year away from the original diagnosis

Hello carys do you have advice on self isolating for my wife after her recent operation and radiography treatment

I'm not a medic Kestral, as you know, but to be honest as she didn't have chemo there should be no difference to the usual isolation or social distancing level appropriate to her age group, any underlying health conditions that are being raised as making you vulnerable (heart, lungs, diabetes, kidneys etc.), and what is required by the government anyway. Radiotherapy can make a difference to immunity in some people, but much more so those who have bones or whole body RT and its usually only very temporary even if it does affect people. Your wife had it quite a few months ago now, so one would presume in most cases that the effect had been reversed even if it did have an effect. You can get direct advice though on the 'Breast Cancer Now' helpline and if you have medical questions relating to it, thats a good place to go. The fact she had BC and surgery doesn't in itself make her vulnerable, as I understand it.

Hello carys, my wife received the doctors letter today saying both breasts are clear of growths and the pains are coming from scar tissue. Hope you are well and having some enjoyable relaxing time, as much as present restrictions allow.

Great news !!!!!!

Wife has found a hard painful lump in the breast which didn't have the cancer. She is having it checked on Monday, so round we go again bless her.

Hiyer Kestral,

I really hope that this 'hard painful lump' isn't bc again - that would be incredibly unlucky, especially as she should be in yearly mammograms and it wasn't found at her last one ? Or maybe she's not had her first yearly one yet ? I'm so sorry you are having this worry again, but you do know that they can and will deal with it even if it is. Let me know how you get on, take care.

Maureen went to the breast clinic today, had the tests and they diagnosed 5 cysts, 3 they injected while 2 were to small to treat so she will have to go back for a further check in March to see if they have grown and need to be treated then. The side she had the operation on is fine

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information