Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Breast diagnosis

Re: Breast diagnosis

Thank you Erin, thats really kind. I wish more people would have read this, and see that even those who face their 'worst fear' come out the other side.

I think one of the saddest things is we have 3 children with their partners and none actually did anything to help, all we heard was their domestic and money problems. My dad had a saying about wearing the old people out first when it came to anything, as usual dad was right.

Thats very sad Kestral, and actually quite unusual - most families see the seriousness of the situation and pull together.

I'm sorry to hear that your kids weren't more supportive during a time like this- but I'm glad to hear your wife on a good track and sending all the positive thoughts to the both of you x!

Also Carys your replies have been fab xx

Quote Originally Posted by kestral View Post
    I think one of the saddest things is we have 3 children with their partners and none actually did anything to help, all we heard was their domestic and money problems. My dad had a saying about wearing the old people out first when it came to anything, as usual dad was right.
    I'm so sorry to hear this, kestral. I think that situations like this can either bring out the best or the worst in people. My husband and I saw this when his father was dying a few years ago. We were very surprised by who was and was not there for him during that time. I think some people just have a very hard time dealing with such things, while others may just not be the people we thought. Either way, all we can do is our best to be there for our loved ones and look for and appreciate those who do show up!

The fatigue is kicking in big time now. about 10 weeks after the radiotherapy and also a bad cough. Sometimes she is in bed most of the day as she has insomnia and doesn't sleep well at night.
    The gp has given her ventolin to help until results from some xrays as he believes fluid from the operation could be slow to clear.

Hiyer Kestral,

What hormone medication is she taking - was it tamoxifen, anastrozole, exemestane or letrozole. The reason I ask is that any of these can cause fatigue and nightime insomnia as a side-effect, has she found herself different since taking it in other ways also ? The fatigue shouldn't be still from the radiotherapy some 10 weeks later, so it sounds like something else is affecting her. I am glad they have run a chest xray, as although the radiotherapy itself can in some circumstances cause some lung fibrosis it is usually (I have heard, remember I am not medically trained) in a small enough area (I think I was quoted a max of 10 percent of one lung surface) that it doesn't cause breathing changes. I hope you find out what the problem is, if it is inconclusive from the various tests and checks your GP is doing then I would certainly request they consider if the oestrogen receptor modulator medication is part of the underlying cause.

Back to the gp today as wife has pains lower down in her breast so we are now waiting a mammogram appointment. She thinks she can feel a small lump or could fluid gather away from the operation site. They had said there was no sign of another growth after her operation 6 months ago.

[QUOTE=kestral;1927472]Back to the gp today as wife has pains lower down in her breast so we are now waiting a mammogram appointment. She thinks she can feel a small lump or could fluid gather away from the operation site. They had said there was no sign of another growth after her operation 6 months ago and when she went for a check after radiotherapy but now it needs another look to see what it is. Hppe its nothing of course but the worries kick in again

Thinking of you and your wife and hoping all went well at her appointment yesterday!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread Information