Re: Given meds for Reflux - Allergy and Side effect fear

You could try gaviscon as well? That worked much better for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly have you been eating?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    What exactly have you been eating?
    Exactly... When, what, how much? Keeping a food diary? Sticking to good FODMAP foods?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ok so today the burning level is back down again but something more alarming is happening.
    So far this morning I have had to pee about 5 or 6 times, each time a lot of urine and clear.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE GOOGLED, but I did.
    Convinced myself the drugs are causing kidney damage or interstitial nephritis.

I'm meant to be going on holiday tomorrow for the weekend (for my birthday) :(.

You don't have to be a slave to Google. If you're feeling basically okay, you almost certainly are basically okay.

To be honest I'm not feeling basically OK, still getting the back pain, very low amount of burning and also had 2 bouts of diarrhoea this morning (apologies for the gruesome details).

Just read about this and freaking out.

Personally would you see a doctor today or just leave it? I'm away from my home town for 4 days after today so really not sure what to do

Personally, no, I wouldn't, but then, I'm so afraid of medical stuff I've avoided seeking help for a broken elbow in the past.

That said, I know you're scared, but none of this sounds like a massive deal to me, it's all the kind of thing I get on a fairly regular basis and don't bother about that much.

I had been sticking to FODMAP foods as much as possible yes, I couldn't find a trigger exactly because I have been repeating the foods I had previously eaten and not tried anything new.
    The only potential trigger was a toothache I had a day before which gave me a moderate amount of anxiety.

I'm trying to be positive, honestly I am. My anxiety levels have overall been lower, but just when I feel like I'm doing well, BAM something else related to this hits me.

I've now had to pee around 7 times and have only drank 1 500ml bottle of water, roughly a quarter of another for taking my meds this morning and a small amount of milk with my breakfast (I know you're going to say this isn't FODMAP but I seem to be able to tolerate it). This is very abnormal for me and the only difference is the Lansoprazole, I think.

Also, thanks regarding my birthday, it actually turned out to be terrible. Lots of family arguments happened, I couldn't eat much and everyone thought I was ungrateful, which definitely wasn't the case I just didn't want to risk making this worse by eating cake etc. Still doesn't beat my 21st though when I got accused of flirting with my girlfriends sister leading to a massive family argument which resulted in months of awkwardness between everyone

Anyways, let's hope this weekend away is better and I can actually relax and enjoy some time away

What does SSDD mean?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information