Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Given meds for Reflux - Allergy and Side effect fear

Re: Given meds for Reflux - Allergy and Side effect fear

Same Nonsense Different Day

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM1994 View Post
    What does SSDD mean?
    Excess waste elimination is an anxiety symptom caused by the bodies fight or flight instincts. Its your body's way of dealing with what it perceives as a threat, consciously or not. You may think your anxiety levels are lower but there's a bed of hot coals waiting for the next piece of wood.

SSDD means Same Shit, Different Day. I replied and realized that until you treat the real problem, words on a screen won't make a difference. Besides, not answering the questions concerning food actually was an answer. You're overweight, have a stressful job and have anxiety. Not exactly the best combination of circumstances. You know what you have to do so.....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

...Just to clarify, I'm also overweight, suffer from anxiety and have a fairly stressful job. If I'm not actually doubled over in agony, I tend to accept any GI symptoms I get as a consequence of this.

Haven't dropped dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    ...Just to clarify, I'm also overweight, suffer from anxiety and have a fairly stressful job. If I'm not actually doubled over in agony, I tend to accept any GI symptoms I get as a consequence of this.

Haven't dropped dead yet.
    I have my worries and life stresses like many others too but I don't ruminate over them nor do they affect me in the manner I see here, but I've had GI issues since treatment. In fact, I awoke this morning at 5am and have had a bad time since :( Not fun but it is what it is. When I've gone through very stressful times (like my wife's illness), I had all sorts of stress related symptoms so I know what stress can do to you physically. The difference is I don't jump to sinister conclusions nor dwell on them.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I decided to try and stay away from the Internet and focus on myself and my break!
    I had the best time ever on my holiday, but sadly it was only for the weekend and I'm back to work.
    I managed to eat what I wanted to (I know I didn't follow FODMAP but I was determined to enjoy some good food with my family), including pizza!

Over the 4 days, I had one evening of terrible symptoms (the burning and belching came back badly), which was on the night before we had to leave.
    I continued to take 2 of the Lansoprazole over the holiday but yesterday decided to drop back to one at my doctors recommendation..

Apologies for being crude, but for the first time in weeks I managed to have a solid, normal coloured bowel movement this morning!

I'm feeling in a better place at the moment, the symptoms seem to have gotten a bit better, even though they are still there at times. I have this afternoon booked off of work which I was going to use to make a doctors appointment, but I don't know whether to make the appointment or just leave it another week and see if there are other changes. What would you do? I'm not sure if he can do anything else at this time other than book me in with the Gastro team for an endoscopy (which he was trying to avoid for the time being to see if the issues were stress related or not).

Thanks for the help everyone and Fishmanpa, hope your GI issues have subsided for the time being?

Morning,

So the past week has been OK - a small amount of burning, some pain and discomfort above the bellybutton and around my stomach in general.
    Been trying not to think about it.

Yesterday, I had my ENT appointment (from another thread a while back), and I was very nervous because I didn't know what they were going to do.
    For the past few days I've had a bit more bloating and pain and a very small amount of gas (burping mainly) and some clenching feelings on the right side of my back (like someone is gripping my back)
    I put that down to anxiety and carried on, went for my appointment yesterday (they put a camera up my nose which made me have a panic attack, but I managed to get through it! Positive . And he also said my nose and throat are all OK).

Yesterday evening, I ate a couple of HARD Mikado biscuit stick thingy's.. nothing happened.. I felt fine etc.
    This morning I've woken up with different, but moderately bad pains in my back, quite high up, roughly behind the 2nd rib in on the right hand side (but further towards the middle).

Normally I wouldn't pay attention to it, like the other pains, but this one is provoked by belching, everytime I push it hurts, and everytime I swallow liquid it hurts too.
    Swallowing without anything in my mouth is fine. And the pain does come on randomly too.
    I'm still on Lansoprazole 30mg but my doctor said to drop to 15mg within 2 weeks (1 week if I didn't have a bad patch, which I have).

I'm not massively anxious but can feel myself about to spiral.
    I'm not sure whether to book a doctors appointment or just try and ride it out.

Has anyone ever had this before or can give me some advice on what to do?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information