Thread: Sleep Paralysis, Body Shaking, Horrible experience

Sleep Paralysis, Body Shaking, Horrible experience

Well the anxiety is back (sort of)

In August 2015, I was having insomnia and for the first time took temazepam prescribed by GP. As I was falling off to sleep, I suddenly became paralysed and felt my entire body shake as if having a seizure. Lasted 20 seconds or so. GP said parasomnia.

So I forgot about it until last night.

I was having a vivid dream when I was awake but dreaming if that makes sense. Then suddenly, almost the same thing but more intense. Woke up and couldn't move, whole body shaking along with an auditory hallucination and hairs standing up. It then passed after 20 seconds. I woke up and needed to pass urine so I confirmed it wasn't a seizure.

My anxiety has been bad all morning. Although I've read of others online having this, any words of similar stories would be appreciated

Thanks guys

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Re: Sleep Paralysis, Body Shaking, Horrible experience

I'm so sorry, sleep paralysis is horrible. A few years back I had it every single night for several months - I'd wake up shortly after dropping off but be unable to move or breathe. The episodes would conclude with me screaming for help. Eventually, it happened so often that I'd wake up yelling to my husband that I was okay and it was just the usual! It's truly horrendous, but it's never done me any harm - it still happens eventually and it's just a nuisance, nothing worse.

Thanks for your reply - it does help me.

I'd been doing so well. Then this just had to happen. The funny thing was I was thinking the other day about the first episode of this I had back in 2015.and I thought how would I cope if it happened again...

The dream beforehand was so weird (I don't believe dreams are symbolic of anything) but I was standing at my grandparents grave, then suddenly was in my aunts house and one of my (what would now be 21 year old cat) was there and well. The cat passed away in 2014!

Then the next thing I know, I'm dreaming while awake that someone had been in my bedroom and taken pictures of me asleep! Then the shaking thing started

What a way to start the weekend!!!!

It's a really nasty experience, yes. Don't beat yourself up for having a blip, though.

Thread Information