Thread: Anxiety or Blood Sugar?

Anxiety or Blood Sugar?

Lately I am having trouble figuring out if I am having a panic attack or issues with low blood sugar. I have had both, and they feel very similar, but I haven’t had either in quite a while (until this week). When I eat, it sometimes feels better, but sometimes doesn’t. And either way it can last for 15 min or an hour... other than getting a blood glucose monitor, are there ways to tell a difference? It also is coinciding with the last week of my birth control pill pack, so I’m thinking it could be related?

Re: Anxiety or Blood Sugar?

I notice that i get severe anxiety if i don't eat for a while and then eat a high carb meal. I start to get panicky. What are you symptoms exactly?

Re: Anxiety or Blood Sugar?

Oh, I can relate! I've been trying to figure out the difference between the two (or if there even IS a difference) for the past decade. They both do feel very similar, and they both start with a sudden dizzy spell which then goes right into high anxiety. Both blood sugar and dizzy spells bring on high anxiety, so it's hard to tell which is causing which. It won't help to get a glucose monitor, I've been monitoring for years and even when I feel my worst, the number on the meter shows me in a normal range. I think it's the sudden shift in our glucose level that causes our symptoms, even if our numbers are in range.

If you figure it out, do share!
    Sue

Thread Information