Thread: Scared and in need of some help and rational thinking.

Scared and in need of some help and rational thinking.

Hi all. So I've had a throat infection which obviously puts your immune system down a bi. Yesterday I was at A&E with someone and there were 2 people in there that were vomiting. 1 I'm pretty much sure was down to alcohol. When I see the other guy come in I immediately left the hospital. He wasn't vomiting at the time. I was waiting outside and I see him run out I immediately got about 20 feet away from him as I knew he was going to vomit. I couldn't go back in the hospital at all and had to leave the area. When I spoke to my sister she said she heard the nurses telling him he had food poisoning.

I'm worried as sometimes food poisoning can be down to norovirus. But surely the hospital wouldn't be so blaze to something contagious?
    I'm really panicking about catching it. Please help.

Re: Scared and in need of some help and rational thinking.

How would you catch it? You didnt go near him.

Re: Scared and in need of some help and rational thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pixietrixie View Post
    Hi all. So I've had a throat infection which obviously puts your immune system down a bi. Yesterday I was at A&E with someone and there were 2 people in there that were vomiting. 1 I'm pretty much sure was down to alcohol. When I see the other guy come in I immediately left the hospital. He wasn't vomiting at the time. I was waiting outside and I see him run out I immediately got about 20 feet away from him as I knew he was going to vomit. I couldn't go back in the hospital at all and had to leave the area. When I spoke to my sister she said she heard the nurses telling him he had food poisoning.

I'm worried as sometimes food poisoning can be down to norovirus. But surely the hospital wouldn't be so blaze to something contagious?
    I'm really panicking about catching it. Please help.
    Even if you did catch Norovirus, whilst really unpleasant, is normally fine for the average healthy person. Just make sure you have a bucket near your toilet and plenty of access to fluids.

Thread Information