Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALS fear going stronger than ever - Suicidal

Re: ALS fear going stronger than ever - Suicidal

If I can't post here about my stress and anxiety where can I post? I don't belong on other forums.. I guess this is the life of having no diagnosis.

You dont haver ALS. Nothing there sounds like ALS, I've been there... Anxiexty males you feel ALL kinds of stuff... You night haver d vitamin defficiency though

Drfonitely not als, you dont fail, you feel, twitching means nothing, crackling means nothing, yawning you mau havr poir sleep

Atrophy comes after weakness

Trust me i know what im talking about, been there...

There are only so many times you can be told that you don't have ALS,not only by medical professionals but also by many people here too. It looks like you've continued to browse ALS forums despite strong advice not to and buried yourself in this hole. Your symptoms aren't ALS. You haven't failed in any area. Your doctors aren't interested. It's not ALS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly13 View Post
    If I can't post here about my stress and anxiety where can I post? I don't belong on other forums.. I guess this is the life of having no diagnosis.
    No, you don't have the diagnosis you want, there's a difference. You won't recover from this until you acknowledge that the anxiety is the problem rather than the physical sensations and what you think they represent.

A lot of us HA people have been there - I definitely have, and I know a lot of others have too. Your body feels weird, and your instincts tell you there has to be something very wrong. Well, I'm here to tell you that when you have HA, your instincts are a crock of crap and you absolutely shouldn't trust them. Anxiety is a horrible illness that distorts how you view reality like a funhouse mirror distorts your reflection.

If you want to get better, you need to start trusting your doctors and the people around you until you're able to see things more clearly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly13 View Post
    I guess this is the life of having no diagnosis.
    Actually, its the lack of living that HA causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Ok listen up Lilly.... I'm not going to reassure you because its just feeding your dragon. You already know my thoughts on the matter anyway. Here's that kick in the tush...

Get off the computer/phone or whatever you're using to look up symptoms and get your rear end to a therapist. If you're not on meds, consider them as they can lessen the hyper-focusing and subsequent symptoms. If you have a friend, loved one or partner, have them install parental controls on your phone, computer and browsers to block certain sites and keywords from showing up in a search. Finally, under no circumstances should you be reading nor posting on the ALS forums (which you've already done and they told you in no uncertain terms to leave!). Those people are actually dying from the disease and their caregivers struggle equally. Its somewhat morbid TBH and sadly, there are a lot of HAers that post there.

YOU have to do something Lilly. We can't make you. You could have 160 pages of reassurance and it won't help unless YOU act and get real life help. You've been living with this fear for 4 years. Time to poo or get off the pot as living as you are with this fear is truly not living :(
    Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 26-06-19 at 16:48.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information