Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ALS fear going stronger than ever - Suicidal

Re: ALS fear going stronger than ever - Suicidal

Does anyone know like why my finger would feel jammed? What can cause this other than stiffness/weakness? Could it be arthritis?

( I guess it is good that it is painful right? Also this is in the opposite hand that I initially began thinking was weak.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly13 View Post
    KrankerMann,

Thanks for your reply.. I guess what bugs me is that I never had this before January.. when the twitching was really amped up.. :( I have never experienced this weird cracking/popping - not to this extent at least. I am praying that the doctor is right and that it is severe tension and muscle tightness.

Not to trigger anyone but it can be associated with ALS as if your muscles atrophy then they can cause clicking due to bone on bone rubbing.. however, yes.. no one with ALS on the forums really validates this when people ask. ( I have never posted and wouldn't due so but just lurk around cause those sites come up every time I google my symptoms. )
    STOP lurking on ALS forums. This is like pouring diesel onto your fire of anxiety. That, and the temptation to make an account and start posting there is all too strong. Do yourself a favour and stop lurking there with immediate effect.

As for rubbing bones, think logically about this - do you think your muscles could have seriously atrophied to the point where your BONES ARE RUBBING TOGETHER and you haven't noticed any visible atrophy, weakness or pain? Plus ALS usually starts in the legs, and sometimes in the arms. I've never heard of ALS starting in the shoulders.

You don't have ALS. End of discussion.

Hey Fishermanpa,

I have read it.. but I think I might need some of your tough love..about my symptoms lol.. I can't get this through my head.
    Ok listen up Lilly.... I'm not going to reassure you because its just feeding your dragon. You already know my thoughts on the matter anyway. Here's that kick in the tush...

Get off the computer/phone or whatever you're using to look up symptoms and get your rear end to a therapist. If you're not on meds, consider them as they can lessen the hyper-focusing and subsequent symptoms. If you have a friend, loved one or partner, have them install parental controls on your phone, computer and browsers to block certain sites and keywords from showing up in a search. Finally, under no circumstances should you be reading nor posting on the ALS forums. Those people are actually dying from the disease and their caregivers struggle equally. Its somewhat morbid TBH and sadly, there are a lot of HAers that post there.

YOU have to do something Lilly. We can't make you. You could have 160 pages of reassurance and it won't help unless YOU act and get real life help. You've been living with this fear for 4 years. Time to poo or get off the pot as living as you are with this fear is truly not living :(

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-06-19 at 02:17.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I can't function today... I am looking at photos recently taken of me and am convinced that I have muscle atrophy in my shoulders.. cause my arms look weird and small/boney. I have always had like larger arms.. this is REALLY concerning me.. because of the clicking.. I hope that I would notice more weakness if I had atrophy.. or that the doctors would notice atrophy ?

I want to stop worrying and believe my doctors as my partner and friends keep telling me... but this thought in my head keeps saying " the symptoms aren't normal and they aren't going away."

Of course you'd notice weakness if your muscles had atrophied. You don't have ALS. Put this worry to bed.

I have been checked by 3 doctors and all say I am ok
    That's really all you need to know and focus on.

Anxiety can cause REAL symptoms. Sometimes severe. Period. If three doctors are not concerned about it neither should you be. They know more about the body than you or I could ever hope to imagine.

My shoulder pops and clicks all the time. Has for a decade at least (I'm 37). It's a multi-directional joint, this is completely normal, albeit uncomfortable.

You're at a point where your anxiety is threatening your relationship. It's imperative that you take action to get it under control!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jray,

Thank you for your reply... may I ask you if the popping kinda feels like it is dislocating and clicking back - not quite a dislocation of course but more so - some type of instability? Like Im not worried about basic cracking that the entire body makes.. although this has been worse since my ALS fear began.. more so like this weird painful clicking thing.

You are right.. I guess, I have read too many stories about doctors missing things or writing them off.. :( I don't want to feel this way everyday but I'm genuinely petrified.. now my jaw has also begun hurting every time I talk for extended time on the phone :( I know this could be TMJ but also I could connect it with the evil ALS.

I'm struggling.. and really trying to just get through this month without having a nervous breakdown.. I pray to every god that the Neuro has positive things to say.

I can't function today... I am looking at photos recently taken of me and am convinced that I have muscle atrophy in my shoulders.. cause my arms look weird and small/boney. I have always had like larger arms.. this is REALLY concerning me.. because of the clicking.. I hope that I would notice more weakness if I had atrophy.. or that the doctors would notice atrophy ?

I want to stop worrying and believe my doctors as my partner and friends keep telling me... but this thought in my head keeps saying " the symptoms aren't normal and they aren't going away."
    THIS is your response right after Fishman gives you the tough love YOU asked for ?????

Jray,

Thank you for your reply... may I ask you if the popping kinda feels like it is dislocating and clicking back - not quite a dislocation of course but more so - some type of instability? .....

I'm struggling.. and really trying to just get through this month...
    Kind of. It often feels like it always hangs forward compared to my other shoulder. My doctor way back just told me to do stretching exercises to improve the flexibility (although I was too lazy to ever give them a real effort).

Don't try to get through the month. Just try to get through today, or even just the next hour. Break it down into small steps.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Its just creeping me out that no one has these symptoms except for people on ALS forums or people with injuries.. I am truly and deeply concerned.
    - NancyW I don't understand your comment.. I am so anxious I can't sleep or eat or do basically anything normally.. everything in my life is falling apart.

My jaw has also begun hurting to such an extent that I am afraid to talk. I need some love and support. I know you all think it's so obvious that I do not have this but I do not feel this way at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information