Thread: Weird lump on my perineum

Weird lump on my perineum

Hi all,

I wanted to ask about this weird thing that I have. I have a small lump just beneath the vulvar opening, on my perineum. I've had it for quite a few years now, and most of the time I don't feel it, but sometimes it becomes more swollen and sensitive to touch. Then it is easily irritated and feels uncomfortable, e.g. it stings a little when my pad rubs against it or when I'm wiping with toilet paper. After a while, it subsides again.

Right now, it's irritated again. I have a suspicion that this is because right now we're experiencing a heat wave and I am sweating a lot, so perhaps there is a connection.

I've seen a couple of doctors about this, and they didn't seem to make a big deal out of it, but they also didn't explain much. One doctor just shrugged and said she didn't know what it was, but speculated that it might even be endometriosis, because I seem to show some other symptoms of this disease, even though this diagnosis has never been confirmed.

By the way, this area has always been sensitive for me. I remember that even during puberty I often experienced itchiness and irritation down there.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you have any idea what it could be? Should I be worried?
    Thanks.

Re: Weird lump on my perineum

Maybe a cyst?

Thread Information