Thread: Closing a window at night shouldn't have to be a traumatic experience...

Closing a window at night shouldn't have to be a traumatic experience...

A couple of days ago, I was closing a window to the top floor of my house (the bottom part was open), and to my recollection, I didn't really feel anything bite or touch me in anyway, however I thought I saw something on the screen of the window (I make sure all the windows of my house have intact screens), I didn't see anything on the screen when I checked, but when I was looking out the closed window, I could have sworn I saw something flash by for a split second on the bottom part of my windowsill. But when I went outside to check, I didn't see anything...

Now I'm willing to wager that it was just my brain playing tricks on me, however I can't get the idea that a bat could be roosting on my windowsill out of my head and that I was exposed to rabies when I closed that window.

Re: Closing a window at night shouldn't have to be a traumatic experience...

I feel your pain I am dealing with the thought that a bat flew in my house and bit me on the foot since I woke up with a needle like pain on bottom of my foot.

I am sure you and I have nothing to worry about but it is hard thing to get over. Hope you are doing alright.

NO!

You have chronic rabies fears. That means you can't give credibility to "I thought I saw something...and it just HAD to be a rabid bat that bit me or scratched me without me feeling it at all!"

When you seek reassurance about a circumstance like this, you are reaffirming in your brain that your active imagination about rabid bats is reasonable.

Instead, when you have a thought that goes like "I might have seen..." tell your brain NO, you did not. Don't ruminate, post about it, seek reassurance. If you come into contact with a bat, you will know. YOu won't be like, ho, hum, possibly, maybe. It is when you are ho hum possibly maybe, that is when you need to shut it down immediately with a firm NOPE, not today, Brain!

I have bats in the back garden and they will swoop down but won't come near you - they are fascinating to watch.

You do not and have never had a bat near you or bitten you.

Time to move on from this worry now completely.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information