Thread: Endometrium calcification!

Endometrium calcification!

Has anyone had this?? One sonographer said she’s never seen it and I need a referral, she called her colleague in who said it’s normal part of ageing!! But of course which one do I listen to?!

Has anyone had this on a transvaginal ultrasound?

Re: Endometrium calcification!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady123 View Post
    Has anyone had this?? One sonographer said she’s never seen it and I need a referral, she called her colleague in who said it’s normal part of ageing!! But of course which one do I listen to?!

Has anyone had this on a transvaginal ultrasound?
    I don't have this, but I have a lot of fibroids and have read a lot about them and know that some fibroids will calcify with time so I wonder if it could be caused by that. How old are you? Generally fibroids begin to shrink or degenerate during menopause, it could be from fibroids you never had diagnosed (they say up to 80% of women have them by age 50).

I have also had many transvaginal ultrasounds to look at my fibroids! It's no big deal.

When I’ve googled it said they could be like fibroids. I’m 38. I keep telling myself it was anything potentially sinister they would have referred me right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady123 View Post
    When I’ve googled it said they could be like fibroids. I’m 38. I keep telling myself it was anything potentially sinister they would have referred me right?
    I had another friend who said she had a calcified fibroid before menopause, so yes, it could certainly be that! I live in the US, so your referral system is a mystery to me! I just go straight to my gynecologist for annual exams and any questions like this. But sonographers see this stuff every single day, so I tend to trust their judgement!

What prompted the ultrasound in the first place?

Thread Information