Thread: Dark red blood when wiping

Dark red blood when wiping

It's as the title says. I'm 25 years old and there was dark red blood on the tissue after wiping. Quite a lot of it, too. I sent in a stool sample to the doctors about a month ago due to having problems with constipation/cramps and mucus, and they didn't find anything in that. I don't have hemorrhoids that I'm aware of, so I'm very, very convinced that this is it. I've spent years worrying about cancer and now it's actually happening to me.

Re: Dark red blood when wiping

I was concerned about colon cancer too, and went through with a colonoscopy because colon cancer is in my family. My colonoscopy came back clear, and the doctor recommended routine follow-ups afterwards. I had my first follow-up last year, which also came back clear. Does your family have a history of colon cancer? If so, you might have a basis for requesting a colonoscopy, if you'd like to have it for peace of mind.
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

Thread Information