Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Having Physical Symptoms 24/7

Physical Symptoms 24/7

Hiya Guys

I've been posting more frequent on here lately as I've really been struggling with the Physical side of things, it really helps to see that people have had similar experiences as at the minute I really don't know what to do.

I wen't to see my GP yesterday and he said that I'm a ''MYSTERY'' as I've been seeing him weekly now for the past 2 Months, He's pushing for me to see a cardiologist now as he can see my anxiety has improved ten fold since the start and wants to rule any serious medical issue out before sending me to see a psych.

Tests I've had so far:
    Brain MRI
    Multiple Blood Tests
    More ECG's than I can count
    Eye T

Tests I'm waiting on
    48 Halter Monitor
    Heart Echo

I can appreciate that anxiety can bring on a whole cluster of symptoms, but what I'm most concerned about is mine are 24/7 with barely any windows so I'm convinced something sinister is going on... even my doctor is starting to believe it could be more than just anxiety

Here's my long ass list of symptoms -
    Head:
    Pulses
    Vibrations
    Bubbling Sensations
    Tinnitus
    Heart Beat feeling in ear
    Head aches
    Hair Loss

Sinuses:
    Crackling and popping noises
    Pressure

Chest:
    Vibrations
    Buzzing Sensations
    Irregular heart rate jumps between 85-120 when resting, 120-150 when walking
    Air Hunger
    Burning pains around heart and lungs
    Pulled muscle feeling type pains too
    Shortness of breath
    Noises from lungs when laying down
    Bounding Pulse

Arms:
    Numbness
    Joint Pain
    Elbow Pulses

Hands:
    Numbness
    Pins and Needles

Feet:
    Buzzing & vibrating sensations
    Numbness
    Pins and Needles

Legs:
    Buzzing & Vibrations
    Joint Pain
    Shin Pain
    Numbness
    Joints crack alot when walking too

Stomach:
    Never feel hungry but can eat as normal
    Buzzing and vibrations
    Weight gain
    Bubbling
    Not needing the toilet as much

Eyes:
    Floaters
    Visual Snow
    Flashing lights and kaleidoscope patterns when I close my eyes

Extreme Insomnia

I'm only 25 but my body feels about 70 haha

Mental:
    DR/DP
    Anxiety around the symptoms I have

Medications:
    All this started when I had a bad reaction to Citalopram but got took off them 8-9 weeks ago and haven't been on a SSRI since
    1MG Lorazepam (Ativan) For sleep as I can't physically sleep without them

I really didn't know something psychological could cause all this and I just feel lost as I don't know how to fix it

The main things that scare me is the constant body buzzing and vibration, I dont feel real

I still work full time and the whole time I'm not focused on what I'm doing, I'm just inside my own head thinking about whats going on

Can anyone relate?

Re: Physical Symptoms 24/7

I've seen it here dozens and dozens of times. A young person basically incapacitated with physical and mental symptoms of anxiety. The element of OCD in your HA is quite apparent in your post as the detailed and extensive list of symptoms illustrates. You're hyper-focused on every physical sensation, many of which are normal and most people wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. Your GP is practicing CYA medicine and I agree that real life professional mental health help is warranted.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Cub,

What you’re describing sounds almost identical to how I was a couple of months ago. I’m 27 and I felt like I was near death most of the time!

It’s anxiety and stress doing it all. I’m a lot better than I was a couple of months ago and the only thing that’s really helped is time I think. I was as you describe for about 4-5 months and have been getting gradually better since but it is very gradual!

When your mind is truly not thinking about how you’re feeling, you will feel a lot better. It takes time for your mind to start focusing on other things again so don’t expect anything to get better quickly as that will just increase the stress.

I know it’s hard to believe as no one can really explain the symptoms and why they’re caused by stress and anxiety. You will start to believe it over time when nothing has gotten any worse and you’re still here and then it starts getting easier.

Sorry I haven’t got anything more helpful for you!

Al

Yeah it's crazy how many symptoms I've got going on at the moment, It's fully taking over my life

The one thing that concerns me is I don't get breaks from a lot of them like the body buzzing and vibrations they seem to be constant

other things come and go

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I've seen it here dozens and dozens of times. A young person basically incapacitated with physical and mental symptoms of anxiety. The element of OCD in your HA is quite apparent in your post as the detailed and extensive list of symptoms illustrates. You're hyper-focused on every physical sensation, many of which are normal and most people wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. Your GP is practicing CYA medicine and I agree that real life professional mental health help is warranted.

Positive thoughts
    Yeah it's crazy how many symptoms I've got going on at the moment, It's fully taking over my life

The one thing that concerns me is I don't get breaks from a lot of them like the body buzzing and vibrations they seem to be constant

other things come and go

Quote Originally Posted by Alde View Post
    Hi Cub,

What you’re describing sounds almost identical to how I was a couple of months ago. I’m 27 and I felt like I was near death most of the time!

It’s anxiety and stress doing it all. I’m a lot better than I was a couple of months ago and the only thing that’s really helped is time I think. I was as you describe for about 4-5 months and have been getting gradually better since but it is very gradual!

When your mind is truly not thinking about how you’re feeling, you will feel a lot better. It takes time for your mind to start focusing on other things again so don’t expect anything to get better quickly as that will just increase the stress.

I know it’s hard to believe as no one can really explain the symptoms and why they’re caused by stress and anxiety. You will start to believe it over time when nothing has gotten any worse and you’re still here and then it starts getting easier.

Sorry I haven’t got anything more helpful for you!

Al
    Yeah I guess I need to try and distract my mind to other places and slow down abit

I've been focused on purely on the symptoms and getting better every minute of every day so i guess I just need to find away of accepting the symptoms

Once I've had my heart tests I think I'll be able to settle abit more because then I've literally been tested for everything so it must be anxiety

Hyperfocus

Has anyone got any hints and tips on how to lose the hyperfocus?

In the sense of feeling your pulse in different parts of your body without even thinking about it

I can feel it in my head, chest , legs , elbows when I'm sitting down, or trying to sleep

its so annoying

But I see alot of people with Anxiety and HA go through it

Re: Hyperfocus

If anything this should HELP health anxiety, not cause it.

Being able to feel pulses in the limbs is actually reassuring as when arterial flow is blocked (by plaque etc) pulses disappear. So really this says you have good blood supply to the limbs.

Sorry I can't be of more help

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Re: Hyperfocus

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    If anything this should HELP health anxiety, not cause it.

Being able to feel pulses in the limbs is actually reassuring as when arterial flow is blocked (by plaque etc) pulses disappear. So really this says you have good blood supply to the limbs.

Sorry I can't be of more help
    I get what you are saying but it’s also quite alarming for me, It makes me think that my hearts beating too hard
    it also stops me from sleeping as all I can feel is my head pulse on the pillow, or my body pulsing when laying down

its horrible

Physical symptoms vs Real Illness How do you tell? Going through hell right now

I'm more than aware that anxiety can create some horrible symptoms and exacerbate bodily feelings, but when you feel like you have a serious Illness forming or getting worse how do you separate the two?

I only ask because I've become quite ill with all this over the past 3 months ever since I had a funny turn off celexa and my body seems to be deteriorating, since then I've had tonsillitis twice and now I'm on my third chest infection.

I have symptoms 24hrs a day with no windows

Current medications I'm on:
    Amoxicillin and prednisolone for my chest
    Lorazepam 1mg for sleep

Tests I've had
    Brain MRI
    Multiple Blood tests
    Multiple ECG's

Tests I'm waiting on
    48hr Heart Tape due to have 5/7/2019
    Heart echo awaiting date

So the first confusing symptom I get between is it something serious or is it anxiety is VIBRATION/ BUBBLING
    This all started off in my left leg and foot, then progressed to my right foot.... Then up to my lung area and my head
    Since it spread to my lungs I have become very short of breath and can notice the sensation with almost every breath I take. I feel like this is a build up of fluids in my lungs or bronchitis
    I've had 3 chest infections in the space of around 7-8 weeks so surely something greater must be causing this.

The second is my heart-
    Since suffering with anxiety and health anxiety my heart has taken a great deal of of crap now it seems to be stuck in panic mode....
    My resting pulse fluctuates between 90-120 BPM and misses a beat around every 2-3 minutes ( the paramedics have caught this happening on an ecg)
    I keep thinking is it an illness driving this or just stress and anxiety, I'm awaiting further testing on my heart so I guess I'll have to wait and see

Third is Bounding pulse and hyper awareness to body functions -
    So I know it's good to know your heart is beating, but being able to feel this in different parts of my body is quite scary and also quite debilitating.
    It feels like my heart is working over time and beating to hard, I can feel it in the sides of my head which stops me from sleeping, I can feel it in my legs and elbows when I'm sat at my desk.
    Body functions, I can feel alot more movement in my body, feels like bloodflow in my legs, buzzing sensations all over, air getting caught in my lungs I feel it all day long

Fourth is my body-
    I have started to look my washed out in color, My hair is falling out more and more... every time I look down at the desk more hair
    My hands have aged ridiculously fast in the past couple of months, blue veins have arisen to the surface and I keep getting bruising on the top
    same with my feet they are now way more pale and the veins have surfaced, also been getting slight mottling on my legs, arms & back
    I've noticed I've got some lumps under my skin too in the chest area scared that these are inflamed nodes
    I'm scare that these are end of life symptoms
    Muscle twitches and Cracking joints is another biggy

fifth is- Sinuses and eyes
    I feel like I have a lot of sinus pressure, I keep hearing stuff like little cracking noises coming from my nose etc, I'm not producing much mucus (which brings me back to the scared of my lungs becoming filled by it part)
    I keep having ringing and pulsating in my ears, it also feels like my head is bubbling at times very strange sensation.
    Eye floaters and visual snow are also big problems for me, I also see flashing lights and geometric patterns when I have my eyes closed so I'm scared it's a pressure problem causing these
    pupils are dilated pretty much 24/7 and dry eyes

Sixth- Bowels
    Everytime I take a sip of everything Im belching straight away even water, then also hear hissing noises coming from my throat, my stomach feels like its really in a bad way too
    only going to the toilet like once ever 3 days, I have no apatite either I'm just eating for the sake of it but haven't felt actual hunger in ages

Other symptoms
    - Head Pressure
    - Feeling Dizzy and faint
    - Air Hunger
    - Intrusive thoughts
    - Chest tightness and chest pains
    - Burning sensations
    - Low level vibration throughout body
    - Fatigue
    - No apatite
    - fevers and sweats

I've had two ambulances out to me this week already as I've felt that Ill, Countless trips to the ER and weekly trips to my Doctor

I know the symptoms of anxiety but I also know what real illness feels like

So when I'm going to my doctor I feel like he's not looking into it properly and I seem to be getting worse as the weeks go by

Thinking about seeing a private doctor as I'm becoming helpless, my doctor at the minute is literally slumped he told me he simply doesn't know what is going on

When all this started I was stupid enough to Google everything and came across end of life symptoms and I'm just fixated that's the explanation for everything, and that I'm on my way out

My parents feel helpless too and I'm sick of worrying them as they are in ill health too

I just feel so lost with no hope that all these symptoms will just go away, I'm expecting something major to happen like me dying, a stroke, heart attack, etc

I'm only 25 and feel like death, literally living a nightmare

it sucks

But back to my original topic how do I know what is anxiety and what is not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information