Thread: CT question/Palpable abdominal mass

CT question/Palpable abdominal mass

This may be a ridiculous question but here goes....
    I had a dr appointment for other health concerns but during abdominal palpation the dr found a “firm tender” spot in the middle of my lower abdomen. My chiropractor also felt it and said she could tell it was a firm round spot. So it’s not in my head lol. Anyway, I had a CT done and nothing of any concern showed up. Bowels, uterus, anything else in that area were all clear. So I’m over here wondering....what the heck are they feeling? Is it possible something could have been missed if it’s large enough to be felt by both of them? I’ve recebtly lost quite a bit of weight (5’3 108 lbs) because of a limited diet with my breastfed daughters food intolerances. I would imagine that makes anything internal easier to feel anyway. But....still worried that it could be something??
    I also had “normal” things show up such as a small lung nodule and a spot on my liver. Those both appear to be relatively common finds on a CT but my anxiety brain is saying “nope, they missed a tumor and that’s where it’s spread to”. Thoughts?

Re: CT question/Palpable abdominal mass

Scientific medical evidence vs. HA? What do you think my answer will be?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

To be thankful for my scan and quit looking for something that isn’t there. (Ok it is there but apparently isn’t an issue)

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod224 View Post
    To be thankful for my scan and quit looking for something that isn’t there. (Ok it is there but apparently isn’t an issue)
    Frankly, sounds like some poo that needs to make its way out

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Frankly, sounds like some poo that needs to make its way out

Positive thoughts
    I’m good with that being the case! Didn’t know it could stay in the same spot for weeks 🤷🏻*♀️

Not to overshare- but back when I was alot slimmer...I went through a very bad diet during a exam time. I didn't have HA back in those days. I had a big mass, never thought about it. It only came to mind when I had to go to the gp because I got a really bad bang to the head that resulted in a gash while playing a sport and my team trainer took me to the doctor and I only mentioned it then. Apparently it can take awhile for it to clear out! Try eating a diet with food that causes lots of movement!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    Not to overshare- but back when I was alot slimmer...I went through a very bad diet during a exam time. I didn't have HA back in those days. I had a big mass, never thought about it. It only came to mind when I had to go to the gp because I got a really bad bang to the head that resulted in a gash while playing a sport and my team trainer took me to the doctor and I only mentioned it then. Apparently it can take awhile for it to clear out! Try eating a diet with food that causes lots of movement!
    Was it in the middle of the lower abdomen? I figured that would be more in the colon. (What do I know though lol)

(I tried to reply the other day and somehow deleted my response when I tried to edit it... this always happens when I'm commenting on my phone!)

That could be it (the poop, haha). Get some prune juice and see if you can get things moving! I just went through a whole thing with a palpable mass in my lower abdomen. Mine turned out to be my fibroids (I have several large ones that made my uterus top heavy so it flipped from tilting backward to tilting forward so I could suddenly feel them... #beingawomanisgreat). But, when I first went to urgent care one of the suggestions was poop.

If your CT was clear this could definitely be the case. Fibroids would most likely show up on CT, but I have read that ultrasound is the best diagnostic tool for them. They are no big deal, especially if they're small enough to not show on a CT, but you could run it by your obgyn the next time you're there.

Thread Information