Thread: Shortness of breath

Shortness of breath

Hi to all

I posted here awhile ago about being worried about my mild anemia diagnosis. My anxiety over it has gotten better. I keep taking my multi vitamin with my 18 mg of iron every day and keep trying to not focus on thinking positively.

I am getting more worried though now. I've noticed that for the past three days, I keep continuing to feel like I am short of breath and like I am constantly having to keep taking deep breaths. At first, this was only happening a little throughout the day. Now though, it's happening all day. It doesn't matter what I am doing. I can be going on a walk, lieing down, etc.

I am worried now my anemia is getting worse and that I am not getting enough iron throughout the day. I'm tempted to call my doctor now tomorrow to set up an appointment with him. Could this be anxiety? I notice that I have been very vigilant of it, as in I will focus on it a lot. I am worrying though that the vitamins aren't helping and that I am getting worse.

Re: Shortness of breath

Shortness of breath is an anxiety symptom that’s for sure. I struggle with it a lot, especially during these summer months (I also have asthma that gets worsened with anxiety). Maybe call or message your doc and see if they can just put in an order for labs to test your iron and hemoglobin levels, that’s what they will do anyway if you go and see them!

Thread Information