Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raised breast vein. Please I need some reassurance.

Raised breast vein. Please I need some reassurance. Photo added.

I’m really spiralling. I feel sick.

last month when I was in the shower I noticed a very raised prominent vein on my left breast. It started at the front by the nipple, snaked up in an s about 1/3 up and then trailed off to the side of the breast (side closes to armpit but not up in to the armpit. I lost the trail so to speak) at first I thought it was multiple lumps as that’s exactly as it felt. Until you traced your finger and realised it was a lumpy vein. It went down with in about 5 hours and no more signs of this until yesterday.

Its back again but not the same vein. It’s more to the left this time but again starts by the nipple, kind of a curved line up about an inch long, trails to the left again and then you you lose it. Kind of like s funny 7 shape. I can see it when I look at the breast. It again looks and feels like loads of tiny lumps and bumps, it feels sore this time. I was praying it would be gone by the morning but it hasn’t. It’s not as raised as last night but I can still see it and feel it. There is no colour to it though, it’s not blue or greeny and it wasn’t last time either.

Im freaking out and I made the mistake of googling, of course cancer, cancer and more breast cancer.

Ive had issues with my breasts for 7 months now. My breasts are quite big, I’m pale skinned so you can see every fickle, mark and blue vein. I’ve been having lots of pains but mainly in the right breast. It’s been an obsession for 7 months but normally I’ve been able to rationalise when the anxiety isn’t taking over but this time I can’t.

I am ovulating and and I was ovulating when it came up last time and I’m just clinging on to hope it’s to do with that? But I can’t find any evidence to back that up on google. I also have a small spot which came up right at the top of the breast (where the breasts meet) on the left boob. It’s been very sore as I’ve picked it and been applying loads of sudacrem. Now I’ve got more sore spots on my chest above it.

Im just not coping right now. I don’t want to feel like this anymore. I’ve had enough of all this worry about dying and being ill. My health anxiety has also mutated in that I’m not somebody who goes to the Drs for reassurance, I avoid as I’m too scared to go.

Please anyone 😢😢
    Last edited by Unicorn1985; 22-06-19 at 09:11.

Re: Raised breast vein. Please I need some reassurance.

I promise, this is nothing, I get these all the time and I think nothing of them.

The only thing I would caution is to really try not to pick at breast spots, because they scar very easily.

Do yours go down again? Do you think it’s linked with ovulation?

Sorry to be so needy. I’m just freaking out. Things have been so hard for so long. I’m getting counselling and I’ve gotten better as rationalising but this has really knocked me. I’m 33 and maybe this is the start of normal breast changes for me? I’m so scared of losing everything x

That’s it the only thing I can liken it to is when you are breast feeding and your whole breast feels lumpy and bumpy. Just I haven’t breast fed for 6 years nearly and it’s only say 1/16 of the breast instead of the whole breast.

Presumably mine go down? It isn't somethng I track because my own health anxiety doesn't relate to my breasts any more. Mine definitely feel lumpy and bumpy, though, more so around ovulation and menstruation times.

Thank you for your help blueiris. This is definitely not as raised as last night when I found them. I must be rational and remind myself of that. I’m taking the kids to a theme park today and then work straight after. Hopefully I can distract myself and it will go away.

Hope you have a lovely time!

Trying to add a photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn1985 View Post
    That’s it the only thing I can liken it to is when you are breast feeding and your whole breast feels lumpy and bumpy. Just I haven’t breast fed for 6 years nearly and it’s only say 1/16 of the breast instead of the whole breast.
    It could actually be some milk production that's caused by hormone shifts throughout your cycle. I haven't breast fed in 3 year and my nipple was super itchy and sore a few months ago so I squeeze it for some reason and milk came out! I asked my gynecologist about it at my annual exam and she said it's completely normal basically forever once you've had a baby. Right around the same time the side of my breast was also sore like when I was nursing. It lasted for a week or so and then passed. So, maybe that's what's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    It could actually be some milk production that's caused by hormone shifts throughout your cycle. I haven't breast fed in 3 year and my nipple was super itchy and sore a few months ago so I squeeze it for some reason and milk came out! I asked my gynecologist about it at my annual exam and she said it's completely normal basically forever once you've had a baby. Right around the same time the side of my breast was also sore like when I was nursing. It lasted for a week or so and then passed. So, maybe that's what's happening?
    wow I never knew this. My friend said her veins come up like this when nursing her daughter. If I remember rightly this is also the side I developed mastitis on and it was very painful and sore (6 years ago this September) . Nobody tells you these things do they. Women share horror stories of labour in some kind of one up type thing but nobody shares info. Yes your boobs can hurt randomly with no explanation, yes you can have lumps but no cancer etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information