Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raised breast vein. Please I need some reassurance.

Re: Raised breast vein. Please I need some reassurance.

If it goes and comes back it's not C. Sounds like it's linked to hormones. Maybe you're ovulating early? I have a vein in my right breast that gets puffy and very easy to feel and see. Comes and goes periodically.

It's common as you get older, hormons, perimenopause, I have one in my right breast and I am almost 47 years old and going through perimenopause.

Thank you for your responses. I am currently talking to a nurse through my private heslth insurance about another issue with same breast but I decided to mention the vein thing. She responded with this. One of my questions was also about stabbing pains at other times during your cycle. I want to post her reply for anyone in future who may see my post and be having similar issues. I haven’t had the vein for past two cycles now though.

Hello there,
    Thank you for getting back to me and I'm sorry for the slightly late response to your reply which was delayed in reaching me. I'm glad you found the information helpful, to answer your question yes it is possible to experience stabbing pains in the breast at any time of the month, often it is worse in the last two weeks of the cycle but can occur at other times around this depending on how your hormones are behaving during this time. The blue vein you noticed that was sore for a while may just have been some inflammation within the vein although this would be unusual, sometimes it is due to engorgement of the breast tissue due to some hormone fluctuations although normally this would present for longer than 6 hours. The fact that this is not a permanent change and only occurred temporarily suggests it is likely to be nothing to worry about overall and hopefully by now you have seen your Gp and have been able to discuss your concerns and been examined .
    Best Wishes,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information