Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raised breast vein. Please I need some reassurance.

Re: Raised breast vein. Please I need some reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn1985 View Post
    Nobody tells you these things do they. Women share horror stories of labour in some kind of one up type thing but nobody shares info. Yes your boobs can hurt randomly with no explanation, yes you can have lumps but no cancer etc.
    Yessss. This bothers me so much. I really wish that doctors would give us a bit more information on everything to expect after we have kids! They just send you off sew up, bleeding, hormonally malfunctioning with basically no guidance. I feel like my body has changed so significantly since my daughter was born 5 years ago and I'm like a detective having to figure it all out on my own.

It’s come back up again and is sore. I’m not ovulating for another 6-8 days ��. I’ve been doing so good with my health anxiety as well. I’m so stressed at the moment and finding life hard at the moment. I just feel like I can’t take anymore ��

I completely agree about this not telling you stuff about after you have kids, my boy is one and I’ve never developed so many body changes or been so stressed over cancer in my life, flits from one to the other, also like you say changes as you get more into your 30’s I feel like there’s a load of them as well! For someone for HA it’s a nightmare because we are so aware, I don’t think the vein thing sounds like anything to worry about at all but if you can’t function for worrying I’d defo go and get the doc to say the same thing to you and then try and focus on that - I realize it’s easier said than done, I started stressing about my boobs again last night when I saw that leaflet people are putting in changing rooms !!

I’ve now started obsessively comparing my nipples and convincing myself I have pagaets disease of the breast. I hate health anxiety so much. This illness is horrible. I just wish I could of found something other than cancer when you type in boob problems. X

Or any problems ! Cancer is always first to come up I did a test on it and put into google something silly, like lump on nose.... cancer !

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Or any problems ! Cancer is always first to come up I did a test on it and put into google something silly, like lump on nose.... cancer !
    That makes me feel a little better thanks. I think what makes me spiral is if I google search and no forum posts come up with same symptom, only the cancer ones. I guess you just want to find someone who says “yeah had that for years, it’s fine”

not finding that with this vein thing. I thought it was linked to ovulation but I’m not due to ovulate for at least 5/6 days time. My bras are a bit tight so maybe that and I wore a tight top yesterday and I poked my boobs. I’m praying it’s just that and I keep saying to myself “ if it was cancer surely the vein would be raised all the time, not just for a few hours 3 times in the last three months” but then the irrational part takes over and before you know it, you’re planning your funeral and crying x

I don't know if this will be any comfort but a year or so ago my husband had lumps running down the inside of his arm. He doesn't have health anxiety but his Dad died of cancer so even he was worried. His doctor wasn't very comforting and sent him for a scan. It turned out to be blocked sweat glands. Is it possible you have blocked milk glands? I'm no expert at all but it's a consideration. Hope you feel better soon. H.A. is the worst.

Pearly queen I don’t know but Erin kc suggested it may be to do with that also. It defineltly feels like a vein and it’s hard and sore like when your milk comes in. It literally has come up for the last three months, three times (always in the first part of my cycle) and it lasts anywhere between 5-10 hours, then goes down again. It has no colour so not blue and isn’t red on the skin but it’s sore like it’s got milk. It’s just odd. First two times was at ovulation but this time it’s been a week before ovulation. I honestly don’t know. Blue iris says she gets this and my other friend said both her breasts do this at ovulation and her period.

Ive made the mistake of googling again tonight and as always brings up cancer. My left breast feels achey but it’s more around the underwire point and actual chest which I think is radiating into the breast. I’ve felt for lumps and can’t feel any. I do have big breasts though, I’ve honestly had to stop myself from spiralling tonight. I feel so worried.

logical part of my brain says it literally comes up for a few hours once and goes again. If it was a tumour it would be permanently up as tumours do not shrink and grow so if that was restricting it, it would permanently constrict it. Not just for a few hours once a month. Then the other part of my brain says no it’s a tumour, it’s growing a little and that’s why it comes up, you’ve got breast cancer deep in your breast, you’re going to die.

I hate health anxiety and i and I hate when you get a new symptom. It always triggers it so badly!

logical part of my brain says it literally comes up for a few hours once and goes again. If it was a tumour it would be permanently up as tumours do not shrink and grow so if that was restricting it, it would permanently constrict it. Not just for a few hours once a month. Then the other part of my brain says no it’s a tumour, it’s growing a little and that’s why it comes up, you’ve got breast cancer deep in your breast, you’re going to die.
    Go with the logical part of your brain, it is correct. Nothing about the symptoms you describe, with the hard 'vein like thing' coming and going says breast cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Go with the logical part of your brain, it is correct. Nothing about the symptoms you describe, with the hard 'vein like thing' coming and going says breast cancer.

Thank you carys. I know you’ve gone through breast cancer so I appreciate your reassurance x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information