Thread: IBS and Rationally Thinking- Trying Something New

IBS and Rationally Thinking- Trying Something New

Okay, so last night I started having real bad crampy like gas pains then pooped for like 20 minutes. The uncomfortable poop too. Hard then soft then no pain then all the cramps. This morning I woke up and had to poop again. This time just soft, almost like everything just needed to fall out-you get what I’m saying? So I’m sitting there thinking about how two days ago I went to a water park with my cousins and drank of my cousins hydroflask and then later that night found out she just got done like two weeks ago with treatment for a parasite she got in Belize. She assured me that every doc she saw said it’s not contagious because you have to actually get the parasite in your body and she went through treatment and she’s symptom free now. My husband also looked it up and it’s not contagious but ANXIETY BRAIN AM I RIGHT. But then I’m telling myself “let’s just list all the things you’ve eaten since you’ve really had a good poop” here they are; cheesy artichoke jalapeño dip-this has three different cheeses, jalapeños, mayo, pizza x2, cheesy garlic bread, chicken strips, chick fil a, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, fries, onion rings, a panini, and ice cream. Oh and some alcohol. I’ve also been avoiding dairy and gluten for over a month and then indulged in all that up there. No wonder why I was constipated for nearly a week and then my body was just like nope we done. Haha!

Re: IBS and Rationally Thinking- Trying Something New

Quote Originally Posted by aanns_GAD View Post
    ANXIETY BRAIN
    That's it right there. The logical explanation is crap in, crap out but your ANXIETY BRAIN wants to create drama.

Pretty accurate illustration of what I see here

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information