Hi everyone, this morning around 3 am I woke up to a sound in my bedroom. It wasn’t very loud so I didn’t feel like I had to get up and check. Well, when I got up around 8 am I was getting dressed and heard the sound again and some squeaking and scratching. It was coming from my dresser so I went over and saw a very small bat stuck in between the back of the dresser and the wall. After some difficulty, I was finally able to get it out using a towel and opening the window.

My concern now is the possibility of rabies. I checked around my body and didn’t notice any bites or scratches, but I’ve heard that bats don’t tend to leave any major marks. I’m just worried that I was in the same room as the bat for possibly the whole night. The bat was very small and I didn’t feel anything, so I really don’t want to have to spend a lot of money and pain on some treatment that I might not even need. But at the same time I don’t want to take my chances. I guess ideally I shouldn’t have let the bat go but in the moment I was so stunned that my main focus was getting it out of the house. Should I go the hospital or am I overreacting?