Thread: Nasal cancer

Nasal cancer

I've had problems with my sinuses since March. Have had 2x antibiotics for postnasal drip, thick phlegm and often blood stained. Each time, the antibiotics clear it up and then it comes back after a week. Today I've had thick phlegm all day. I've also got ringing in my ears, a blocked ear on the right side, a stuffy nose (tends to be both nostrils) and a small lymph node that's been up since the end of March (right mandibular)- under a cm.
    I had a CT scan of my head for something else about 2.5 weeks ago and it was clear. I'm on a waiting list to see ENT but my appointment isn't until the end of August.
    I'm really worried about sinus cancer (nasopharyngeal cancer) or some kind of head/neck as it looks like it presents with these symptoms- stuffy ears, lymph node up on neck, stuffy nose, postnasal drip, tinnitus. I live in New Zealand and in the stats, there's only about 20-30 cases a year (4.5 ish million people) but there's other kinds of cancers it could be too. So worried.

Re: Nasal cancer

If it were sinister, it wouldn't have cleared up with antibiotics. As a H&N cancer survivor, I know that for a fact.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, the antibiotics helped for a few days and then it came back.

Every morning I have thick blood stained mucous which seems to be a symptom of nasal cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdana View Post
    Well, the antibiotics helped for a few days and then it came back.

Every morning I have thick blood stained mucous which seems to be a symptom of nasal cancer.
    Would you prefer I agree with you? Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. it doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information