Thread: 5mg paraoxtine

5mg paraoxtine

I have been on 5mg of paraoxtine for 3 weeks and I am suffering badly from anxiety. I can't seem to up the dose with out getting so anxious does anyone know if 5mg will even help?

Re: 5mg paraoxtine

not sure littlemiss. My consultant put me straight on 10mg then 20 after 3 weeks. I was jumping up and down and she said it just my fear. Im currently back oen at 10mg and after wirking upto 20 mg lasted weeks. Hope you have better luck.Also there does not appear to be much activity on this form.

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemisssunshine10 View Post
    I have been on 5mg of paraoxtine for 3 weeks and I am suffering badly from anxiety. I can't seem to up the dose with out getting so anxious does anyone know if 5mg will even help?
    5mg may help, but I wouldn't bet on it. The other issue is that staying on sub therapeutic doses may increase the potential for the med to poop-out.

I think the better option would be to talk to the prescribing physician about taking something to lessen the anxiety until you can get the paroxetine dose up to 20mg. Apart from benzodiazepines, the antihistamine hydroxyzine has pretty good anti anxiety properties and isn't habit forming. The main side-effect is mild sedation so if affected take extra care if doing potentially hazardous tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemisssunshine10 View Post
    Hi Littlemisssunshine

I’m on 10mg for two weeks now and am frightened of going up to 20mg. Have taken 2mg Valium pretty much most days I’ve been on paroxetine. That said it isn’t as bad as some other meds I’ve tried.

All I can advise is to be kind to yourself whilst the medication settles and if your going to up the dose do it under drs supervision and on a day when you won’t be under more pressure than normal.

Thread Information