Thread: Migrating pain

Migrating pain

Does anyone else get pain that moves during a flare-up? Don’t know if this is the ibs or not, I’ll try to describe:

It starts with quite bad, focussed pain really low down in my pelvis (groin almost?), lower than my c-section scar. It’s like the worst period pain. It gradually moves/spreads, until it’s right across just about bottom ribs level, and in the ‘soft’ bits of my sides, and even in my back (kidney area). Also it feels like acid by this point, but the whole lot hurts at once 😩 I’m about an hour in to one of these episodes right now, and I feel like I’m simultaneously in labour, with a kidney/bladder infection, and acid indigestion, with a bit of nausea, and possibly some hunger??? and like the entire length of my intestines is inflamed and in spasm all at the same time, complete with scraping/scratching pain in my groin now, too 😩😩😩😩

Can anyone relate? It’s so painful everywhere 😢 and this has happened many times

Re: Migrating pain

Quote Originally Posted by Angelai View Post
    Does anyone else get pain that moves during a flare-up? Don’t know if this is the ibs or not, I’ll try to describe:

It starts with quite bad, focussed pain really low down in my pelvis (groin almost?), lower than my c-section scar. It’s like the worst period pain. It gradually moves/spreads, until it’s right across just about bottom ribs level, and in the ‘soft’ bits of my sides, and even in my back (kidney area). Also it feels like acid by this point, but the whole lot hurts at once 😩 I’m about an hour in to one of these episodes right now, and I feel like I’m simultaneously in labour, with a kidney/bladder infection, and acid indigestion, with a bit of nausea, and possibly some hunger??? and like the entire length of my intestines is inflamed and in spasm all at the same time, complete with scraping/scratching pain in my groin now, too 😩😩😩😩

Can anyone relate? It’s so painful everywhere 😢 and this has happened many times
    I know this is an older post but I just had this last night! I think I ate some pizza with not-so-fresh red onion on it. Fresh onions I am totally fine with, onions that have been sitting around a while are just brutal to my gut. Anyway, about 2.5 hours after dinner, I get this intense left sided cramp that feels like an ovulation cramp but much more intense. I lie down with a hot water bottle and it seems to go away. I get up to pee before bed and the cramps are now racing up the left front of my body and down the back of my left side. I feel like it's in my stomach, under my ribs, in my lower back, and in my pelvic floor. It was so freaky!

I was able to sleep but did kind of wake up and noticed that the cramp was still there on and off. I wake up in the morning and it's better but still there. I go to the bathroom and that's all good and so far the pain has receded. What happened to you? Was it longer than an evening? Did it reoccur? Do you remember eating something that didn't agree with you?

I'm glad I found this post! I'm trying not to freak out about it because I've been doing well with my anxiety. It's good to know that others have dealt with this as well!

PS. When I woke up, I was super hungry!

Thread Information