Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Please help - Huge HA and MS scare

Re: Please help - Huge HA and MS scare

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I guess I do but I don’t know that much about ALS. Just asking.
    THIS is all you need to know and you don't have it!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Feels like I’m getting slightly better. Symptoms are there but less intense. The only one that’s still there and very annoying is the dizziness.

I know dizziness can be a MS symptom but it’s near constant. Very discouraging.

I had a severe bout of anxiety the last two days for non-health reasons and my symptoms skyrocketed. Now I’m twitchy all over. It’s crazy how anxiety doesn’t help health symptoms.

It was good of you to try to help Jonny despite all your own issues and yes,anxiety can play havoc with bodily symptoms.

It's exactly what happens, Seymour. You can understand why when you think it's all about the neurotransmitters interacting with the systems in our body. It's a reaction, like the immune system, just a less helpful one for us!

The same with OCD, underlying anxiety increases and all those behaviours and intrusive thoughts get much more intense. Calm your body down and the opposite happens.

This is why it's not all about CBT and therapy.

Thanks Terry for still replying to my thread patiently after all this time.

Symptoms are definitely less intense but what worries me a lot is my right arm. It feels tight like it’s always contracted and I get twitches frequently. Scared it’s something serious... I wonder what could be persistently causing this.

My whole body just feels weaker. I tremble easily. But compared with a few weeks ago it’s better. Maybe it’s the MS remitting for now? :s

Let’s be real after 7 weeks if it was MS would I likely have developed an evident symptom like vision troubles, clinical weakness or pins and needles in a whole limb or a drop foot?

Let’s be real after 7 weeks if it was MS would I likely have developed an evident symptom like vision troubles, clinical weakness or pins and needles in a whole limb or a drop foot?
    Remove the question mark and make that a statement as oppose to a reassurance seeking question.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks Terry for still replying to my thread patiently after all this time.

Symptoms are definitely less intense but what worries me a lot is my right arm. It feels tight like it’s always contracted and I get twitches frequently. Scared it’s something serious... I wonder what could be persistently causing this.

My whole body just feels weaker. I tremble easily. But compared with a few weeks ago it’s better. Maybe it’s the MS remitting for now? :s
    Mental health issues can have a massive impact on lots of systems of the body. I know with mine I've had periods of so much weakness, trembling muscles that felt weak and easily taxed by things that previously were not anything for me.

MS remitting for now? Or anxiety reducing and you have some respite and less symptoms?

Hi Terry. I don’t know what to think anymore frankly!

One problem I have that can’t be anxiety is a slight dizziness that’s almost always there. It’s worse standing up and walking. It’s like I’m ever so slightly unbalanced but not to the point of falling down or walking funny. Almost feels like when you’re walking around after a night of insomnia.

Did that ever happen to you?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information