Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Please help - Huge HA and MS scare

Re: Please help - Huge HA and MS scare

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Hi Terry. I don’t know what to think anymore frankly!

One problem I have that can’t be anxiety is a slight dizziness that’s almost always there. It’s worse standing up and walking. It’s like I’m ever so slightly unbalanced but not to the point of falling down or walking funny. Almost feels like when you’re walking around after a night of insomnia.

Did that ever happen to you?
    Can be due to anxiety and judging by your posting it’s extremely likely that what you’re feeling is due to anxiety.

It’s always there because you’re always tense - even if you think you’re not. I know because I have exactly the same feelings.

As I’m getting less anxious and more relaxed the feelings are going. Not gone by any means but I know they are a lot less than when I was frantically looking for reasons for it.

I also know this probably won’t be much help to you at the moment as no reassurance could help me for long when I was at my worst. However, as you start to accept your anxiety and get better you will start thinking the same way.

I haven’t been right for 8-9 months now but I can slowly feel myself being less tense and as this happens the symptoms are lessening. Don’t expect it to go away quickly but you will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Hi Terry. I don’t know what to think anymore frankly! One problem I have that can’t be anxiety is a slight dizziness that’s almost always there. It’s worse standing up and walking. It’s like I’m ever so slightly unbalanced but not to the point of falling down or walking funny. Almost feels like when you’re walking around after a night of insomnia.Did that ever happen to you?
    I've had lots of dizziness. It was worse when my anxiety was at a worse stage. If I was more likely to experience brain fog or headaches then dizziness would be a possible more common symptom for me. If you have seen threads by another member, Aquilegia, he's had it daily for years and knows it's anxiety. Like said above it can even be due to things like muscular tension.

Thanks guys much appreciated. I’m on a waiting list for an MRI so hopefully that will rule out MS.

Speaking of muscle spasms, my right arm always feels tense and twitches often and I even have twitches below my lower lip and sometimes in my cheek. Can it be anxiety too or most likely a neuro disease?

Think about another condition, perhaps a cold, and ask yourself whether you would jump to conclusions about shifting symptoms whilst still have a cold? For instance, one day you are sneezing, another your nose is streaming, another you have a headache, etc. You may have them all together but they often come in stages across the timeline of the condition.

Isn't that the same as anxiety in that we have an enourmous list of symptoms and we can experience any of them during that timeline?

With the cold if you do something to make it worse then the symptoms worsen. The same with anxiety.

The difference is that HAers will jump well beyond it all and look towards worst case scenarios because the subconscious thinks it's trying to protect you. It isn't saying you have xyz but it is saying "what if". It is just blurting out stuff and it's up to the conscious mind to decide what matters and what doesn't.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information