Thread: Abnormal liver test - really worried 😩

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Abnormal liver test - really worried 😩

I went for bloods last Friday as I had been experiencing some symptoms which I thought were related to possible low B12 (I'm vegan and my results last time were on the lower side of normal)

I called up for my results expecting them to be normal or just show low B12 and instead I get the shock of my life when the receptionist tells me there's a problem with my liver. I have high ALT and I need to be rechecked in 3 months.

I was totally taken aback. This was on Friday so I've spent the entire weekend googling and crying, naturally, and got myself into a right little state over this. I'm waiting on a call back from the GP to discuss it further but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience of this?

I'm 29. I don't drink or smoke but do take painkillers every month for period pain (ibuprofen & paracetamol).
    I also run regularly. I would even say that I am the 'fittest' I've ever been in my life.

I've seen there's a whole host of reasons for the elevation of this enzyme but of course my brain is thinking the absolute worst.

I'm also currently on my period, I have endometriosis so my pains are unbearable and I desperately need to take painkillers but now I'm afraid I have liver failure.

So yeah, that's where we are right now. I wish I was normal.
    Last edited by Andromeda; 24-06-19 at 10:37.

Thread Information