Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: amoxicillin scare. Tell me some good story's

amoxicillin scare. Tell me some good story's

Ok when to the doctors and have been given amoxicillin to take. But ofcouse I g
    *Dr googled* now m so scared to take it. Who has taken it? What size affects did you get? How bad where them, how long did they last??? Having pannic attacks over it.

Re: amoxicillin scare. Tell me some good story's

Its the most widely prescribed antibiotic ever. I cannot even begin to count the times I've taken that in my life and never had an issue. I'm 60 and still here so.....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I second FMP it’s such a common antibiotic to be prescribed I would be amazed if someone hadn’t of taken it at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm allergic to it, I was fine for years then suddenly reacted. All that happens is I get hives (urticaria), it doesn't actually make me ill, I just look very weird for 12 hours with huge red bumps radiating out from sweat points (most of your major joints). Then the centers go back to normal pink, so I'm left with red rings that grow out like a ripple effect. The cure is simple, a couple of over the counter hay fever tablets, all gone within 3-4 hours. As I said, during this I don't feel ill at all, just look a bit odd (well odder than usual), in fact, I've gone to the pub whilst having this allergic reaction waiting for the hay fever tablets to do their stuff!
    Consequently, I'm not given amoxicillin, but alternatives, these give your guts a bit of a bashing and actually feel worse than the allergic reaction.
    So, don't worry about it, allergic reactions are rare and usually mild like mine.

Have they ever made you feel sick or spewed?

No, never spewed, just grumbling guts for a few days, soon passes.

As in the feeling of needing to spew?

I've taken it many times since childhood. Havins asthma meant most colds ended up turning into chest infections and this was always the go-to med by the GP's at our practice. Being used to easily with kids my age 7+ you would expect it to be trustworthy. How many millions use it without a side effect? I think the most I've heard is some GI stuff but I've never had a problem even when I took it once I had anxiety.

Like spectrum says there are some that are more likely to have side effects and doctors use those less for that reason. They are often a more specific condition med or a 2nd line med.

The warnings have to be there because of the law. If they weren't the drug companies would be getting sued all the time for not telling us. But it's the probabilities you have to look at as many side effects are so rare they don't even have stats about them.

It's 500mg 3 times a day. I was think just take 2 aday.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information