Thread: did i eat tampered food?

did i eat tampered food?

i bought some purin pudding at a local store and noticed that it leaked all over inside of the packaging. some of it was coming out but i still ended up eating a bite of one because i just did NOT want to let the money go to waste and my dad was teasing me for being way too paranoid so i felt pressured to eat one bite and then secretly spit out the other three. upon closer inspection all three puddings in the package had the same sort of damage/broken tab part underneath the lid and it almost seemed like a part of the packaging. it COULD just been damage or have been damaged on the way home from the store but the fact that all three had the same sort of broken part (albeit differently of course)
    the pudding itself tasted fine but now im working myself up over all kinds of fears like someone putting bleach in the puddings with a syringe or something. or god forbid listeria. this was not my smartest moment and in fact my brain was screaming at me to like use it for a second but instead i just ate this pudding and now i think i have a 30 day death timer before whoever tampered with my pudding kills me for good.
    i know no one can really reassure me about this but im entering the beginning of my freak-out stage and need to scream about it somewhere before i really go off the deep end

Re: did i eat tampered food?

I think what you need to consider is that whilst you can't rule out tampering you can look towards how rare it is. Tampering ends up making the news because it's a public safety (and criminal act) issue. How many do you ever hear of?

Contrast this to how many boxes are dropped and banged about in the logistics chain causing tons of products to be marked down or sent back by warehouse & retail staff every day.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think what you need to consider is that whilst you can't rule out tampering you can look towards how rare it is. Tampering ends up making the news because it's a public safety (and criminal act) issue. How many do you ever hear of?

Contrast this to how many boxes are dropped and banged about in the logistics chain causing tons of products to be marked down or sent back by warehouse & retail staff every day.
    i guess you have a point, if it was a tampering then the.. tamperer picked a really difficult food to mess around with. plus my girlfriend told me that a kid probably got really handsy trying to get some pudding and it made me feel a little bit more reassured.

thanks for having a level head about this. im still really worried but trying to be rational is helping

Perhaops best to distract yourself with other things, or get some light exercise, as has been a trigger and with that comes the additional chemicals the body needs some time to metabolise into something else or excrete.

Thread Information