Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lymphoma strong fear

Lymphoma strong fear

Hello guys this is my first post here.I read some posts and replies and i see many people who speak with logical arguements about other people concerns so i give a try to calm myself off.I have bad HA for almost 10 months.I am 22 years old male.First i was conviced i have neurological issues (MS/ALS).I ran out the tests and they came back ok so i was relieved.Before almost 3 months i started to have some generalized itching (like pins or like they pull a hair out of my body) without a rash.It can happen litteraly everywhere from head to toe.I cant say it is consistent but sometimes it becomes awful.But I dont need much scratching for it to go away,it just jumps for one place to another.I also had some night sweats (not drenching,a little bit sweating for 1-2 times a week).I googled and of course you know the answer.Lymphoma.I then started searching my neck and yes i found 2 lymph nodes.I started my journey to doctors again.2 pathologists tested me they said they dont even seen concerning.I wasnt releaved so i did a neck ultrasound.The biggest node they found was 1.2 cm but radiologist (and the doctors who saw the resluts of ultrasound) said that it looks perfectly benign so stop searching.I still couldnt ease my mind so i went to an hematologist.She said probably nothing but she ran a few tests.Full blood test,Chest X-ray,ultrasound of upper and lower abdomen.All clear and within normal values.But i cant convince myself.I know that the only 100% diagnosis of lymphoma comes with biopsy.Also the itching is still here(not all day it comes and goes).Also i had read stories from lymphoma patients/survivors that they had itching many months or years before diagnosis.I think many people can understand my fears in this forum so thats why I am posting.Thank you for your time and sorry for my bad english.

Re: Lymphoma strong fear

Hi Turbo,

If you've been reading, you know lymphoma is a very common fear here. There are many obsessed with their nodes and other symptoms that share a string of connection with this and many other normal anomalies.

The best reassurance you can get is from medical professionals of which you've seen many. I would suggest reading some of your own post for validation. I'll edit it down to the important parts.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1 View Post
    I have bad HA for almost 10 months.... I am 22... years old male.....2 pathologists tested me they said they don't even seen concerning..... I did a neck ultrasound. The biggest node they found was 1.2 cm but radiologist (and the doctors who saw the results of ultrasound) said that it looks perfectly benign so stop searching.....I went to an hematologist. She said probably nothing but she ran a few tests. Full blood test, Chest X-ray, ultrasound of upper and lower abdomen. All clear and within normal values.
    Those results and your age rule out anything sinister. One of the first things you said was you have bad HA. That's what you need to focus on. At 22yo, you have an entire future ahead of you. Living in fear of imaginary dragons isn't living.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa thank you very much for the answer.You see my concerns from a logical prespective I appreciate that.But as you know we,HA sufferers,tend to always think that we are misdiagnosed or we find stories of people who were misdiagnosed and we identify ourselves with them.Anyway I want also to say that man, I saw the way you reply to the people with HA before I register in this forum and you are a truly positive person and you do a really good job in this forum.God bless you!

Anyone with this kind of itching guys?It is not cosntant but it can last some hours.Its like in a second is in the arm then can go to chest then in scalp like it jumps from head to toe and feels like α little pinch or a little burning...thats how i can describe it. Sometimes I can handle it without itching it and it goes off after a few seconds but then after a while it occurs in a different spot..drives me mad really.

Hey so im really sorry to hear youre going through this because it really isn't nice. But I've also had a bad lymphoma scare so I'm hoping I can ease your mind a little. Ok so regarding the nothing I have experienced this quite severely too, but did you know when you have anxiety and really think about something it's easy to convince yourself you feel whatever?? See here it is...now im thinking ahkut itching and my left leg has started feeling itchy. Also i am aware that the itch associated qith lymohoma isnt just an itch that goes aqay with scartchig its a severe deep knawing itch right down to the bone which doesn't ease with itching, you can be itching so hard you damage your skin. As for your night sweats...if they're not drenching it's not lymphoma, That's something very characteristic of lymphoma. You would be DRENCHED if it were, I mean you could squeeze water out of your clothes you'd be so wet, so not to worry about that. As for your lymph nodes if you go looking for them you will find them most healthy people especially if you're quite slim can find some, I've been able to feel like in my neck and groin for 7 years and I'm not dead yet. Also if you've had them ultrasounded it would have shown up if they were in any way cancerous. As for blood work often thid would come up a bit wrird if yky had lymphoma as your blood counts could be weird however this isn't always a given, but youve had enough other tests and doctor reassurance to be fairly positive you're ok. However I know exactly how you feel so I'm not even gonna patronize you with "the doctor said you were fine so just accept it" because that doesn't seem to work for us sufferers. However I just want you to know that I have too experienced these symptoms and fears and you're not alone and I can tell you now you don't have lymphoma, trust me if you can't trust the doctor I hope you start to feel better soon!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aleskaclarke View Post
    Hey so im really sorry to hear youre going through this because it really isn't nice. But I've also had a bad lymphoma scare so I'm hoping I can ease your mind a little. Ok so regarding the nothing I have experienced this quite severely too, but did you know when you have anxiety and really think about something it's easy to convince yourself you feel whatever?? See here it is...now im thinking ahkut itching and my left leg has started feeling itchy. Also i am aware that the itch associated qith lymohoma isnt just an itch that goes aqay with scartchig its a severe deep knawing itch right down to the bone which doesn't ease with itching, you can be itching so hard you damage your skin. As for your night sweats...if they're not drenching it's not lymphoma, That's something very characteristic of lymphoma. You would be DRENCHED if it were, I mean you could squeeze water out of your clothes you'd be so wet, so not to worry about that. As for your lymph nodes if you go looking for them you will find them most healthy people especially if you're quite slim can find some, I've been able to feel like in my neck and groin for 7 years and I'm not dead yet. Also if you've had them ultrasounded it would have shown up if they were in any way cancerous. As for blood work often thid would come up a bit wrird if yky had lymphoma as your blood counts could be weird however this isn't always a given, but youve had enough other tests and doctor reassurance to be fairly positive you're ok. However I know exactly how you feel so I'm not even gonna patronize you with "the doctor said you were fine so just accept it" because that doesn't seem to work for us sufferers. However I just want you to know that I have too experienced these symptoms and fears and you're not alone and I can tell you now you don't have lymphoma, trust me if you can't trust the doctor I hope you start to feel better soon!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Hey brother thank you so much for your answer.Itching is weird its like some pins that jump from one place to another.But not severe sometimes i dont even scratch it it goes away on its own after a few seconds.Then it appears in another body part haha.Also night sweats no they are not drenching in anyway.just little wet in the body part that is being pushed in my sleep.(particulary only on my chest as i am a stomach sleeper).Thank you for your answer man its good to know someone can feel your concerns.As for blood tests i also think that at least some inflammatory markers would be a little high.(esr,crp,ldh).But they seem fine as cbc and all the other values.Thank you again.

I had the same fear of lymphoma. Long story short, everything started with a lump on the abs and started googling. I read about lymphona and itching as a symptom and guess what: I started itching immediatly. It lasted as long as I was convinced I have the disease (even though countless blood counts, ultrasounds, hemato visits told it s nothing). Once I moved forward, the itch stopped

I too went through a horrible lymphoma fear. It lasted almost a year. It started with a lump in my breast and swollen nodes in my armpit. After some searching, I discovered swollen lymph nodes in my groin. I had horrible night sweats and was convinced it was lymphoma. When I started having itching from head to toe I started planning my funeral. As ironic as it is, my husband is a radiologist. He felt my lymph nodes and said they were completely normal. When I had the biopsy done for the lump in my breast, my husband reviewed my ultrasound images and said everything looked fine. I had the nodes in my armpit biopsied anyway. All clear. Lump in breast was clear. Night sweats were hormonal. The itching was due to extreme stress and anxiety. I guess when you’re stressed your body releases certain chemicals that can cause itching. The itching eventually stopped. I still have some larger-than-the-other lymph nodes. My husband said sometimes they never return to their normal size and that’s okay.

Thank you guys for your support I really appreciate it.Blessings to you and your families

I’m going through something very similar. I’ve been itching every day since the middle of March. It is mostly on my scalp and sometimes in my ears. It can be anywhere on my body though. I’ll have an itch on my stomach and then it will appear on my head, and then my shoulder, etc. It moves around.

I’ve read posts on a lymphoma forum and they all say the itching with lymphoma is SEVERE. They itch so bad that they break the skin and bleed. They often describe it as a deep itch that scratching won’t satisfy. Mine is a surface itch.

Turbo, I hope it’s just anxiety and stress.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information