Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lymphoma strong fear

Re: Lymphoma strong fear

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1 View Post
    Radiologist told me that they look benign
    I am confident that your radiologist is better qualified than any of us to say this. Sounds like it hasn't changed in 3 months and they're happy it's benign. Great stuff! Itching and the alcohol discomfort could well be psychosomatic and it'd be interesting to see if they disappear once you stop worrying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I am confident that your radiologist is better qualified than any of us to say this. Sounds like it hasn't changed in 3 months and they're happy it's benign. Great stuff! Itching and the alcohol discomfort could well be psychosomatic and it'd be interesting to see if they disappear once you stop worrying about it.
    Thank you for your reply.I hope so that no change in these few months is a good sign.Lymphoma is pretty confusing fear because if you dont biopsy a lymph node you cant be 100% sure.I think that is the reason that i am still confused.I had health fears before (like MS or ALS) but i did a brain mri and EMG so i was sure that i dont have it.That's not the case with lymphoma fear.Anyway thank you guys for the support.

Sure, I understand that. I had a lymph node scare a while ago. Radiologist was concerned and took a fine needle aspirate, but it didn't give a conclusive result. I saw a different radiologist who was completely satisfied from ultrasound that mine were benign. They went down after a few years. A friend of mine had lymphoma in her neck. Within a month it had grown loads and was very obvious to her doctors that something was wrong. Anxiety makes us struggle to cope with uncertainty, but I really don't think your radiologist would say it was fine if there was any doubt in their mind.

I have had every one of your symptoms. The itching drove me insane. I had horrible night sweats, I’d wake up freezing because I was soaked in sweat. I had enlarged lymph nodes in my armpits and groin. I pretty much forced my gp to refer me for a biopsy. All was fine. Itching went away, night sweats are few and far between, and almost 2 years later I still have slightly enlarged nodes. The Dr. that did my biopsy said sometimes they never go back down, and he’s seen it plenty of times. As long as the nodes aren’t continuing to get larger over time. Stress/anxiety causes a chemical release in the bloodstream that can cause itchiness.

Thanks for the responses guys really appreciate it .Just want an opinion.For the last week i have a feeling like i want to cough but i dont,i would describe it like mild tickle in the chest but i dont cough...I know about lymphoma mediastinal masses and i am a bit worried...i did my last chest xray in early July almost 2 months ago...could something change in this period of time?I am thinking to do one chest xray again but I also dont want to,because of the radiation...

turbo1

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this. You have received some excellent reassurance on this thread from fellow lymphoma HA sufferers. I'm going to add my voice to theirs and specifically answer your last question. First and foremost, please remember that none of us, myself included, are doctors and cannot tell you for sure what's going on with you. It does sound like you have received some excellent medical attention and my first recommendation would be for you to trust your health care providers. They are not concerned and do not feel that your symptoms are related to an undiagnosed lymphoma. Have confidence in that.

Over two years ago I found an enlarged lymph node on my neck and went into an absolute tailspin. I immediately started itching (psychosomatic), experiencing night sweats (being in a constant state of anxiety), losing weight (because I wasn't eating) and even had the tickle you are talking about (psychosomatic). I visited multiple doctors and had them all examine me and come to the same conclusion: not lymphoma. My grandfather had lymphoma in his chest (where my HA about this disease came from) and he couldn't even breathe. He was constantly short of breath, constantly coughing, and ultimately had fluid around his heart. I would bet everything that the tickle your feeling is your HA. Please take a deep breath, meditate, and work on your HA. That is so much easier said than done, I know. Even today, two years later, I still found myself checking that node to make sure it hasn't grown. It hasn't. I'm fine. You're fine. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    turbo1

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this. You have received some excellent reassurance on this thread from fellow lymphoma HA sufferers. I'm going to add my voice to theirs and specifically answer your last question. First and foremost, please remember that none of us, myself included, are doctors and cannot tell you for sure what's going on with you. It does sound like you have received some excellent medical attention and my first recommendation would be for you to trust your health care providers. They are not concerned and do not feel that your symptoms are related to an undiagnosed lymphoma. Have confidence in that.

Over two years ago I found an enlarged lymph node on my neck and went into an absolute tailspin. I immediately started itching (psychosomatic), experiencing night sweats (being in a constant state of anxiety), losing weight (because I wasn't eating) and even had the tickle you are talking about (psychosomatic). I visited multiple doctors and had them all examine me and come to the same conclusion: not lymphoma. My grandfather had lymphoma in his chest (where my HA about this disease came from) and he couldn't even breathe. He was constantly short of breath, constantly coughing, and ultimately had fluid around his heart. I would bet everything that the tickle your feeling is your HA. Please take a deep breath, meditate, and work on your HA. That is so much easier said than done, I know. Even today, two years later, I still found myself checking that node to make sure it hasn't grown. It hasn't. I'm fine. You're fine. Best of luck.

I am Sending you a Big THANK YOU.Really appreciate your response.Hope the best for you also.

Hey guys I dont know where else to post my thoughts so i am doing it here...I still have bad fear for lymphoma that is fed up by some symptoms.Lately night sweats are back and they are pretty bad...itching still here some days worse than others but i experience it occasionally..and alcohol related pain came when i drank one beer.Really dont know if it is psychosomatic.My palpable lymph nodes stay in the same size though, and has been around 5-6 months in the same size (thats when i discovered them,maybe they were there before this time).Dont know what to do I am confused...The worst thing is that i have read people stories who had the disease who experienced ymptoms 1 year or more before a final diagnosis and that scares me.Sorry for being a little wearing but i am confused and people here know what i am talking about.

If it helps, I still have my lymph nodes palpable, as they ve been during last year. And I don't think the lymphoma itch would just come and go. You should try the following exercise: whenever the itch comes, do not scratch and focus on something else, keep yourself busy. Do this for several days in a row and see how it goes.

A fear of having lymphoma was my first HA meltdown more than a decade ago, so I hear you so well. I had a pea-sized lump in my neck and was feeling achy all over with headaches for weeks and Dr Google gave me my diagnosis and I was sure I had it, especially when one of the listed signs of lymphoma was 'vague symptoms' which fitted right in!

I didn't have lymphoma, a course of antibiotics sorted me out and the neck lump went away, but nothing would stop me digging into my neck and elsewhere looking for enlarged nodes. I found so many lumps and bumps I never knew I had before -who knows what I was feeling- lymph nodes, muscle, fatty tissue- could have been absolutely anything, but I never stopped and made myself sore and ache which only added to the misery.

The lymphoma fear still comes back from time to time, I'm sitting here now aching a bit in my shoulders and wondering if it could be the big L, but I have largely stopped looking for nodes so this is progress.

You've been thoroughly checked out by a medical professional so if I were you I would take that and just get on with your life. I know that is far easier said than done but I would hate to see anyone else waste years on this like I have. Lots of love to you xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information