Thread: Squeeze & Release feeling in head/brain

Squeeze & Release feeling in head/brain

Had this symptom for a few days now and was just wondering if anyone else experiences or has experienced it. It’s a feeling of pressure in the head, like someone gently squeezing my brain/head and then releasing. When it happens it only last a few seconds and sends me into panic! Causing it to happen again. Sometimes it’s on the left and other times on the right. Its like if someone was pinching your arm sometimes. had a CT scan about 10 months ago and was normal.
    Last edited by allen1989; 25-06-19 at 18:46.

Re: Squeeze & Release feeling in head/brain

Hi, yes, I was having weird sensations over the last 2 weeks, theyre documented in my heart thread a page 9 onwards. https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...exercise/page9

Started off with a two day headache, Then started having lightheadedness and the feeling I was walking on a boat. Then I began having weird head rush / pressure symptoms and that scared me. Like a squeezing at the temples, sometimes at my forehead and sometimes all over my head. Very weird and scary.

All symptoms have died down now, so I dunno if it was an inner ear thing (ive had the lightheadedness/dizzy thing before after travelling), or maybe a virus, or it was anxiety and extreme tension. All the symtpoms started when I had a two day panic about heart problems.

Re: Squeeze & Release feeling in head/brain

Hello,

I pretty much feel like this everyday. When I wake in the morning I feel 'normal' but as the day progresses (especially at work or when around many other people) I will start to feel head pressure - like a squeezing in the head, together with brain fog / diziness / off-balance with the occasional head rush. If it is of any re-assurance have seen Nuero / MRI head scan and came back all clear - was presibed with Amitriptyline / Nortriptyline and Diazepam however nothing seems to work :(.

My GP has now referred me to see a physchiatrist - I have no idea has this will go or how it will help ? I am not very happy at work (can't stand some of my colleagues), have had my fair share of family tragedies and am also not particularly satisified by social life - been let down and disappointed by others many times.

Thread Information